“Great food”

Brass City Bistro
Ranked #9 of 312 Restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Waterbury, Connecticut, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

My son took my husband and I out for our birthdays. The food was excellent. We enjoyed it so much, we are taking our daughter there for her birthday.

• Visited April 2012

Middlebury, Connecticut
“Excellent food & service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012 via mobile

What a surprise! My mom and I came here before a show at the palace theatre last march and were not sure what to expect. We were blown away by the great wait staff and friendly bartender. We split seafood Fra diavlo, as it was a hugeeee portion with an amazing amount of delicious seafood. We had stuffed mushrooms for a starter and they were top notch. Definitely a gem in Waterbury, worth every penny.

1 Thank Magbox
watertown ct
“My new favorite!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

What a great surprise. I have been frequenting Brass City Bistro, and I do believe, I have found my new place to call my favorite. Theres never a disappointment. They have an amazing wait staff that are actually pleasant and don't talk to you with their heads tilted, scripted. I had a salad the other night at the bar (which I love), that had grilled fruit on it....with a panko encrusted goat cheese ball in the center. The dressing was light to complement the large portion of shrimp. The seafood is abuntantly proportioned and the prices are reasonable for the quality as well as how much you are taking home. I had the pleasure of meeting the owner and chef. The meals are elegantly prepared, so if you are looking for fast service, go to a fast food restauraunt. The bar area is very nice. Great martinis!!!!!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank miaerrn10
“Good meal, every time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

Every time I go to Brass City Bistro, I have an outstanding meal. Tonight was no different. My cavatelli was smothered with shrimp, scallops & hunks of sweet lobster, in a rich olive oil & lemon sauce. Chef Tom is an artisan in addition to a great chef. The portions are generous and delicious. Steven at the bar is knowledgeable about your wine choice & Lisa is a welcoming hostess. You will not be disappointed in your dining experience. Bon appetite!!

Southbury Ct
“The food here for us has always been consistently good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

We have dined here several times in the last few years and have yet to be disappointed. We generally go for lunch. This most recent visit my husband had their signature salad loaded with shellfish, clams,mussels,shrimp,scallops and calamari. He always enjoys this selection there. It is very ample and costs about $15. I ordered their veal Marsala which was very good also. It came with a medley of fresh vegetables cooked crisp tender. I got a side of linguini also. I personally love their sauce and the linguini was light and tasty. Al my portions were large and I came home with a doggie bag. I should mention I love their food presentations. they clearly work at it. Both our entrees looked beautiful. For example they added a big beautiful basil leaf on top of my pasta side. Our server was most pleasant and efficient. The entrees came out a bit slowly but they were clearly preparing it and so well that we did not mind waiting it for it. We love eating in one of their cozy booths. Decor is comfortable and restaurant is a nice size. for this Waterbury area this restaurant is a standout for us!

• Visited March 2012