“Mixed experience, but 4 out of 5 dots seems fair”

Signatures Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 318 Restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2013

First the good stuff. The location is perfect for a show at the Palace, the cozy atmosphere is very nice, the staff were nice, they worked hard to get us to the show on time, they offer an amazing price fix deal on Tue/Wed/Thursday, all food was very hot when served. But I felt the preparation and presentation were uninspired. I am a good cook and this was sort of straight up good home cooking. If that is what you like, then you will enjoy. I prefer to get unusual treatments and presentations that you won't find at home. Put the good and the disappointing together and I think the deserve a rating of Very Good.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We were looking for a place for dinner before a show at the Palace Theater in Waterbury. What a find! Small, intimate place set back just a bit from the street. You could miss it but not if you know what is there. Great food- my wife had the scalps and I had steak. Both were cooked to perfection- just as we asked. Warm rolls to start with seasoned Olive oil, then a generous salad and followed by the main courses. Wine with dinner - a good selection and at attractive prices - and a nice presentation of deserts made the evening really memorable.
Do not miss this place. We live 30 miles away and plan to go to Signatures often

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very nice, intimate small restaurant with a great menu, awesome meals, and decor to make you feel like you're in an Italian village restaurant. Prices are consistent with other area restaurants. Tends to be very busy on nights when the Palace is having a show. I would definitely go anytime. In fact, my date brought me recently to celebrate my birthday. I had the scallop dinner and cannot think of a time I've had any that were better. The staff are very friendly and accomodating. You have to try this place.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I went to Signatures for lunch and happened on thsi restaurant. THe rack of Lamb was super! Nice fresh green beans, warm toasty rolls with garlic infused oilve oil. House sald dressing is a little too sweet for me. Chocolate Mousee for dessert (enough for leftovers) . Very friendly and pleasant wait staff. Nice find!.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

The restaurant is set off the street some, you can miss it, but it's a gem! The service is top notch! Staff are super attentive, professional, and make you feel like family. The list of martini drinks are so...there is such a variety to choose from! The ones i've tried are delicious...a few were made too strong but when told, I was made new ones straight away. The food is spectacular! Pasta is so fresh..you won't want to eat boxed pasta ever again! The Calmari is so delicious! There are weekly specials, on Fridays you and a date can pay cheap for an exquisite meal. I highly reccomend you visit Signatures!

1  Thank BitaMD