“Great hotel would stay again. The front desk employees are great.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Waterbury
“Great hotel would stay again. The front desk employees are great.”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I went to the hotel to check in around 12:30am on friday the 25th and our check out day was the 27th. The first room we was checked into was room 214 was a bad room it had a hole in the wall near the door, stains on the carpet, and the phone didn't work. I went to the office and the gentleman behind the desk changed the room to 209 and in that room the phone didn't work. I went back to the office and the gentelman upgraded our room to 207 it has a jucuzzi. My fiancé and I slept in on the 27th we got to sleep around 3am after we went to a wedding on the 26th that got done at 12am and the front desk was nice to us and gave us an extra half hour to get checked out. The one thing we didnt like is that the housekeeper tried to open our door on checkout day if I didn't have the door latch locked she would have walked in and seen me standing there naked. I gave an excellent review because the front desk made our stay excellent.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank viper576
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Viper576,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

I do apologize for all of the problems you experienced during your stay. We will be sure to use this information to make all of the necessary improvements.

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our jacuzzi room and that overall you did not let these few negative events ruin your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Monica Morgan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I made online reservation to stay here while in Waterbury CT visiting my aunt, uncle and cousins. I was very happy to see the rooms were very clean and smoke free. The only things missing were a refrigerator and Internet access. It was also very nice to stay at a motel that had lots of hot water for the shower. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Every once in a while you could hear the traffic from the freeway but it was not bad at all. Very easy access to the freeway and only a short distance to downtown Waterbury. All and all I had enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on the other side of the building away from the freeway are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Cobra800,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the honest comments.

We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Other than the fact that it's location affords easy access to I-84, there isn't much else I can be positive about. The facility did not appear to have been well maintained. The room air conditioner was very loud, although perhaps that is a plus as it served to drowned out the loud traffic noise. As a result, we didn't sleep very well. The dinning area was small and the food sparse!

Room Tip: We stayed in the rear of the building (opposite side from the highway) and on the second floor and i...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Kevin K,

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

We take all comments made by our guests seriously and will work to improve in all of these areas.

We hope that you will give us a second chance in the future.

Monica Morgan

Travelers are raving about these Waterbury hotels

Arlington
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Dirty and nothing worked, I stayed one night 9/11/13 in room 214, no internet and front desk said it does not work for that part of hotel and is always and issue. Room was old and dirty, not sure the sheets had been changed. Ironing board broken, light over vanity was broken. Shower handle came off in my hand. Reported these issues next day at checkout and was told MGR would call me. This never happen?. This hotel in one of the worst hotels I have stayed at and I have stayed at 76 hotels in New England in 2013.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Andrew B
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Andrew B,

Thank you for taking the time to bring such matters to our attention. We value our guests and certainly want to know if you were not satisfied with your stay.

All of your comments will be discussed with our staff and resolved.

Again, we sincerely appreciate your feedback. It provides us with the information needed to correct problems and improve services we offer to our guests.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was down for the Rev3 Quassy triathlon. Needed a hotel close. This place was very close. About 10-15 mins down the road. Uber convenient. AND - there is an italian restaurant (Nino's) on the property. It was fine. Not great, not bad. There is also a Dunkin Donuts and Stop & Shop down the way (you can walk to the S&S). So - it had location.

The hotel itself is dated in that it has the old outdoor access to the room. However, a lot of the room look to be undergoing renovation. My room was non-smoking king with new bathroom and TV. The bathroom was 2 piece - toilet and tub. The sink was outside the bathroom. I can't recall if there was a mini fridge. I don't think so. The TV was not HD, but it was tv. The bed was very comfy and the sheets were nice. Although - the bed spread looked like it needed to be retired. The biggest ding was the wifi. NO WIFI. The front desk is helpless to help. You have to call this 800 number and they can't fix the problem. I didn't bark about it at checkout because I was there to get a good night sleep but it would have been nice to have internet. The outside walkway is illuminated and the shades let in a little light from the walkway but it is manageable. If you like dark, dark for bed - bring sleep shades or something.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We enjoyed being a part of the Rev 3 at Quassy this year.

Please know that we take all of your comments seriously and will work hard to improve in all of these areas. We are happy that you did sleep well in our newly renovated guest rooms.

Thank you for staying with us! We hope that if you are in the Waterbury area again, that you will choose us!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The only good things to say about this hotel was that the staff was very friendly and accommodating and the beds were comfortable. TV remote only worked when you were standing directly in front of it. Breakfast was another disappointment. Eggs looked like marbles because they were frozen ( I asked). Shower water temperature fluctuated while taking a shower from hot to lukewarm. Would only stay here again if I absolutely had to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back. Te front rooms face a highway. Our room was quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us.

I do apologize that you found your stay to be disappointing. I am however happy to hear that the staff was a positive part of your stay. We take all guest comments very seriously and will investigate all of these issues in order to resolve them.

I hope that if you find yourself in the Waterbury area again you will give us another chance to serve your lodging needs.

Neenah, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Toilet not fastened to floor! Cold water in morning for shower and shaving. Remote for tv did not work. No place to put soap in the shower.I informed desk clerk of all the shortcomings and all she had to say was "sorry" and giggled.No manager around. No help.

• Stayed May 2013
Monica M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to bring such matters to our attention. We value all of our guests and always want to know if you are dissatisfied in any way.

Sharing your comments with my staff helps us to improve. I do hope that you will give us another chance to serve your future lodging needs.

Monica Morgan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Waterbury
Hampton Inn Waterbury
Econo Lodge Plantsville
Econo Lodge Plantsville
#1 of 1 in Plantsville
Quality Inn & Suites Meriden

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!