“Gross, need to disinfect afterwards!(Waterpark only review)”

CoCo Key Water Resort Hotel & Convention Center - Waterbury
More attraction details
Owner description: 280 Room Water Resort, Hotel, and Convention Center conveniently located off I-84 in Waterbury, CT. In addition to the hotel, we have Connecticut's only indoor water park with 55,000 square feet of fun. For the business minded, we have over 40,000 square feet of flexible meeting and banquet space and can host functions up to 650 people.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We just came back from this "waterpark" for the LAST time. It is dirty, and smells horrible. There is a lack of supervision. There was vomit in two pools leaving only two other attractions to use. A dump is probably the best description.

2  Thank EastCoastMomNY
Michael E, Manager at CoCo Key Water Resort Hotel & Convention Center - Waterbury, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

I appreciate your feedback and am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. However, I do need to point out check-in time is 4pm, so I don't understand your dissatisfaction. If you did arrive earlier, you had access to the Water Park, so it might not be accurate that you had nothing to do until your room was ready.

It is also important to clarify that my staff monitors the temperature of the hot tub every two hours so while it might have felt hot to you, it is maintained in the recommended temperature range.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

So first of all my room wasnt ready until 4 pm, and we got there at 11am so we were doing nothing for hours. The pool's floor was slimy and gross. The pool has hair floating around and its cloudy. The hot tub is too hot and too small. The water park has like 5 things, too small and smells terrible!! The first hotel room i stood in had a wall in front of the balcony so i saw nothing. The toliet over flowed then we got a new room. The bed had stains and smelled the tv and phones didnt work, the paint on the balcony was chipped. WORST PART WAS THE FIRE ALARM WENT OFF AT 11pm. Noone asked if we were okay. ( there wasnt a fire noone knew what happened) kids were running down the halls it was TOO LOUD AND ANNOYING. Everyone was disrespectful and the elevators weren't updated, the place was ugly, dirty & repulsive! DO NOT GO AND TELL EVERYONE DONT GO THEY SHOULD GO OUT OF BUSINESS

1  Thank Travelerexperiences
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I, too, had my doubts when I read the reviews on Coco Keys. My family and I stayed there for 2 nights with the package that was offered through their website. Needless to say, my daughter enjoyed every single day we were there. Upon arriving to the place, we were greeted by a beautiful lobby, and the receptionists were very prompt and friendly. After arriving to our room, I did find myself looking to see if some of the reviews were true. Our room was very clean, no foul odor was noted. The linen were also clean. After settling in and putting our things away, we decided to explore.

One thing that I did notice is the lighting in the halls and the elevators. I wish they were a bit brighter. The pool area was also well maintained and had a very warm environment, and fresh, clean, and dry towels were routinely replenished for the guests to use. We then made our way to the water park, and were we greeted with a colorful and almost tropical atmosphere. My daughter's first time in the water, she was cold and her teeth were chattering, but she didn't mind it at all. When it got to the point, I took her to the lazy river, which provided her with some relief. The water park was a great experience for her.

The next big part of our getaway was the food. Trade winds, within the hotel, was a great place to dine. The wait staff was very friendly, with the exception of one (during breakfast), but I paid her no mind. The food was good, and within reasonable price.

The one other thing that may have been a downfall was the display of towels and bathing suits that hung on the balconies that faced the atrium. It was more a sight for sore eyes.

All in all our experience was enjoyable. I figured that if my daughter said she was going to miss the place, then it was all worth it.

1  Thank Shane D
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We recently went there this week for Spring Break. It was very crowded and could not find a place to sit for an hour! My 3 year old had some fun but was constantly being pushed by older kids!! We stayed at the adjoining hotel, and there was no heat jn our room!! The manager told us that the parts were being ordered and we should just use the stand alone heater that kept going off!! The room smelled of roach spray and we cut our trip short and came home!! Very upsetting experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 26, 2013

This review is for the watermark only.

We went to the park today using a local online deal. Plenty of parking when we arrived next to a sign that said always 84 degrees inside. When we got inside it was on the cold side. My toddler son who loves water didn't want to go in at first. Spectators were sitting around on the loungers wearing sweatshirts.

The pretty standard watermark attraction of the overflowing water bucket dumped directly into the kiddie area. Very over whelming for children under 2. I wasn't allowed to take my son down a slide with me which limited what he could do.

The lifeguards were all professional and well aware if their surroundings.

Two of the three big slides were open, and fun for me. A lot of older children were having a blast.

We ate at the on site A&W / Pizza Hut. The pre-made wrap was soggy, and the kids Mac and cheese was bland. I liked the chicken tenders. The crew working were very customer service driven.

We'll most likely go back in a few years when our son is older.

1  Thank dppl1535

Travelers who viewed CoCo Key Water Resort Hotel & Convention Center - Waterbury also viewed