“Would never go back”

CoCo Key Water Resort Hotel & Convention Center - Waterbury
More attraction details
Owner description: 280 Room Water Resort, Hotel, and Convention Center conveniently located off I-84 in Waterbury, CT. In addition to the hotel, we have Connecticut's only indoor water park with 55,000 square feet of fun. For the business minded, we have over 40,000 square feet of flexible meeting and banquet space and can host functions up to 650 people.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator, Wheelchair access
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Would never go back”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

So first of all my room wasnt ready until 4 pm, and we got there at 11am so we were doing nothing for hours. The pool's floor was slimy and gross. The pool has hair floating around and its cloudy. The hot tub is too hot and too small. The water park has like 5 things, too small and smells terrible!! The first hotel room i stood in had a wall in front of the balcony so i saw nothing. The toliet over flowed then we got a new room. The bed had stains and smelled the tv and phones didnt work, the paint on the balcony was chipped. WORST PART WAS THE FIRE ALARM WENT OFF AT 11pm. Noone asked if we were okay. ( there wasnt a fire noone knew what happened) kids were running down the halls it was TOO LOUD AND ANNOYING. Everyone was disrespectful and the elevators weren't updated, the place was ugly, dirty & repulsive! DO NOT GO AND TELL EVERYONE DONT GO THEY SHOULD GO OUT OF BUSINESS

1 Thank Travelerexperiences

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Sunnyside, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“"I'm going to miss this place," says my 5 year old daughter.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

I, too, had my doubts when I read the reviews on Coco Keys. My family and I stayed there for 2 nights with the package that was offered through their website. Needless to say, my daughter enjoyed every single day we were there. Upon arriving to the place, we were greeted by a beautiful lobby, and the receptionists were very prompt and friendly. After arriving to our room, I did find myself looking to see if some of the reviews were true. Our room was very clean, no foul odor was noted. The linen were also clean. After settling in and putting our things away, we decided to explore.

One thing that I did notice is the lighting in the halls and the elevators. I wish they were a bit brighter. The pool area was also well maintained and had a very warm environment, and fresh, clean, and dry towels were routinely replenished for the guests to use. We then made our way to the water park, and were we greeted with a colorful and almost tropical atmosphere. My daughter's first time in the water, she was cold and her teeth were chattering, but she didn't mind it at all. When it got to the point, I took her to the lazy river, which provided her with some relief. The water park was a great experience for her.

The next big part of our getaway was the food. Trade winds, within the hotel, was a great place to dine. The wait staff was very friendly, with the exception of one (during breakfast), but I paid her no mind. The food was good, and within reasonable price.

The one other thing that may have been a downfall was the display of towels and bathing suits that hung on the balconies that faced the atrium. It was more a sight for sore eyes.

All in all our experience was enjoyable. I figured that if my daughter said she was going to miss the place, then it was all worth it.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Shane D
“Not worth the money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

We recently went there this week for Spring Break. It was very crowded and could not find a place to sit for an hour! My 3 year old had some fun but was constantly being pushed by older kids!! We stayed at the adjoining hotel, and there was no heat jn our room!! The manager told us that the parts were being ordered and we should just use the stand alone heater that kept going off!! The room smelled of roach spray and we cut our trip short and came home!! Very upsetting experience.

Fishkill, New York
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Water park day trip”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

This review is for the watermark only.

We went to the park today using a local online deal. Plenty of parking when we arrived next to a sign that said always 84 degrees inside. When we got inside it was on the cold side. My toddler son who loves water didn't want to go in at first. Spectators were sitting around on the loungers wearing sweatshirts.

The pretty standard watermark attraction of the overflowing water bucket dumped directly into the kiddie area. Very over whelming for children under 2. I wasn't allowed to take my son down a slide with me which limited what he could do.

The lifeguards were all professional and well aware if their surroundings.

Two of the three big slides were open, and fun for me. A lot of older children were having a blast.

We ate at the on site A&W / Pizza Hut. The pre-made wrap was soggy, and the kids Mac and cheese was bland. I liked the chicken tenders. The crew working were very customer service driven.

We'll most likely go back in a few years when our son is older.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank dppl1535
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Don't believe the reviews! It's good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was almost scared off from this place by the bad reviews. I am here now on March 26, and I can honestly say that the horrid reviews are very unfair, and unfounded. And believe me when I tell you that if I find something unsatisfactory, I can and will write a scathing review. This hotel is not dirty, not by a long shot. Our room is clean- and I have an eye. No dust. No bad smells. No dirt. Fresh, clean linens. The staff is friendly and helpful. The pool was clean-bathrooms are clean. Some things here are maybe a little outdated, and worn, like some of the carpeting. But your kid is not going to care. The water park looks great- we are doing that tomorrow. I got a look at it tonight and it is MUCH better looking than in the pictures! It's bright and colorful and well-staffed and looks very clean.
I am so far very satisfied with our stay and our 10 and 4 year old are loving it.

Michael E, Manager at CoCo Key Water Resort Hotel & Convention Center - Waterbury, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate it when someone writes fairly about the experience here.

We are not a fancy place, just an older facility where a family can enjoy themselves. Admittedly, we do need some work and there are areas where we can improve.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Travelers who viewed CoCo Key Water Resort Hotel & Convention Center - Waterbury also viewed