“Dated hotel facility with a nice indoor water park.”

CoCo Key Water Resort Hotel & Convention Center - Waterbury
More attraction details
Owner description: 280 Room Water Resort, Hotel, and Convention Center conveniently located off I-84 in Waterbury, CT. In addition to the hotel, we have Connecticut's only indoor water park with 55,000 square feet of fun. For the business minded, we have over 40,000 square feet of flexible meeting and banquet space and can host functions up to 650 people.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator
Clinton, Maine
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Dated hotel facility with a nice indoor water park.”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Arrived find carpets in the hall ways that needed vacuuming. After entering room 137, we found a dirty bathroom floor. Part of hairbrush and ladies fake nail were on the floor and there were filmspots all over. When the sheets were turned back there were hairs on the sheets. The linens for the sofa bed were missing and the air wouldnt cool below 74 degrees despite turning the thermostat down to 56 degrees. The front desk was notified in person at 730pm and as of 830pm, no one had come to correct the problem. I took the hairbrush peice and fake nail to the front desk myself and they called housekeeping to return to the room with me. The housekeeper didnt speak much english. and her efforts to clean the bathroom floor were terrible. She buffed it with a dry cloth and then as me if it was ok.

Engineering never answered their calls and so the front desk chose to move us to a room a couple of doors down, #141. Again the bathroom floor was dirty which I cleaned myself. The bed was ok and the air worked to some degree (the room cooled).

The hotel portion of the facility is so dated its not funny. Carpets in the hallways are stained and need cleaning. Some of the guests think the hallway is a place for dumping garbage. The pool and hot tub leave much to be desired. Much of the claimed renovations are on the surface. The shower/ tub area looks to be a bathfitter quality overhaul for appearance sake. The foyer atrium area look nice, but the hallways just look dingy. Lastly, the Tradewinds restaurant serves a buffet for dinner, serving things that you would pretty much cook out of your freezer, but it is way overpriced at $19 for adults and $13 for kids. Breakfast was more reasonaby priced and the food was good.

We have one more nite. We'll see what it brings.

Visited February 2013
4 Thank Mark804

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beware of this DUMP!!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This place is by far the worst dump.... I planned an overnight stay here and to my surprise when we woke up in the morning my car had been vandalized in the hotel parking lot! All 4 of my tires and rims had been stolen!!!! I spent 4 hours getting a tow truck and a rental car together since we live in New York.... The hotel refused to even call the police for us to make a report, they kicked us out of the room @ 10:30am with no where for us to put our belongings, they refused to offer any form of discount or courtesy... The hotel room was dirty the service was terrible and it's apparently located in the ghetto!!!! Save your $$$ and save yourself from the possibility of being robbed!!!!

6 Thank savannah0524
Toronto, Canada
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Probably Won't Go Back”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The Good: Massive play area, pretty good lazy river, Thursday afternoon special $10, awesome slides, good variety of activities for the kids up to 10 years old. Excellent arcade upstairs.
The Bad: Stinks like urine when you walk in the doors, water is not clean, it's very cloudy, the actual water park stinks like deep fried food once you get inside the doors (there are food stalls inside). Very busy, minimal supervision. Front desk staff were not very friendly or helpful (teenagers) and the water was quite cold. My two year old was freezing cold within ten minutes of being there. Washroom/Change Room was very dirty, very!

Visited May 2012
7 Thank ForeverMexico
Chicopee, Massachusetts, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Save your money and stay home”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Worst experience, my 2 year old was in the water only 5 minutes and was shivering and had blue lips. The water was cold and cloudy. The hotel was worse than motel 6 quality very abused and run down on the inside. We had paid for an overnight package and we were only there a couple hours, took the loss of money and just decided to go home. Save your money folks...place is a overpriced dump.

Visited February 2013
8 Thank Annmarie C
Greenwich, Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Fun for the family on a cold day!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

At 7:30 am in a cold morning we decided at the last minute to take the hour drive up to Waterbury. Having never been tithes water park, I pulled out my trusty iPad and went to work.
There is a capicity limit, so you have to book and purchase online .
Booking was easy-29.00 per person even if you don't plan on swimming at the park. They charge 6.00 for a locker which is brilliant. You get an orange locker band which you just hold up to a key pad and any available locker automatically opens up. They are very roomy and you can shove a lot of stuff in there.
There is also. Game room which the kids enjoyed.
It's a typical indoor family nut house. Lots of kids, very well staffed. Lifeguards are manned with whistles and keep a watchful eye.
Food is typical- fries, soda, chicken tenders etc
Bring you down towels and water shoes. Other than that, ear plugs and relax.
I suggest you get there when it opens at 10:00 am
By 1:00 it was pretty packed. There is a hotel connected which could be fun for an overnighter.

Travelers who viewed CoCo Key Water Resort Hotel & Convention Center - Waterbury also viewed