“Coco Key Water Resort is the BEST Family Getaway”

CoCo Key Water Resort Hotel & Convention Center - Waterbury
More attraction details
Owner description: 280 Room Water Resort, Hotel, and Convention Center conveniently located off I-84 in Waterbury, CT. In addition to the hotel, we have Connecticut's only indoor water park with 55,000 square feet of fun. For the business minded, we have over 40,000 square feet of flexible meeting and banquet space and can host functions up to 650 people.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I went to Coco Keys, for a weekend, to celebrate my son's "12th" Birthday! The attendants were friendly, service was great, and the food at the restaurant was delicious. Let me not forget to mention the hotel was clean and organized, the water park was lots of fun and so was the arcade. It is definitely recommended for all ages. My family and I can not wait to go again!

3  Thank Blugo99

Reviewed April 19, 2011

We just returned from a two night stay and had a really great time. I was extremely skeptical and expected the worse since some of the reviews here are pretty bad. But I can honestly say I don't know what some people are talking about. The place was great. Everyone was super nice and helpful. Restaurant was really good (especially with the kids eat free), great buffet. Place was also clean. Yes, it was alittle outdated, but that didn't affect my stay.

My 4 year old had the time of his life. It's the prefect place for younger kids, cause it is small.

It was a great two days. I would definitely go back again.

3  Thank rglick405
Reviewed April 5, 2011

I took my 2 kids for a night with friends...17 of us in total. Not really a bad visit...I do have to say that the staff should communicate better. Before I checked out, I called room service to order breakfast & was told no room service that morning. Asked what time they stop serving breakfast, was told 11:30. When I checked out(before 11am), with 2 hungry kids, went to the on-site restaurant & was told that they close at 11. I immediately went to the front desk & complained about the miscommunication. I was let back into our room & allowed to order room service. The kids really enjoyed themselves, had a blast at the water park. About 2 & 1\2 weeks later, I get a call from the fraud department at my bank telling me that there has been suspicious charges on my credit card. Within the next 24 hours, I find out that 1 of my friends who was also at the resort with me, has experienced the same thing. We both used our credit cards at the arcade & think it is strange that we both are there at the same time & within 1 day of each other, have credit card fraud. We live in 2 different counties & use different banks. I was hit for $1,100 & my friend about $900...we are not happy about this & have made complaints to the resort & have filed police reports. We also know where & when the charges were made...funny that our cards were used fraudulently in locations only 3 hours away from the other. By the way, we never lost our cards, we both still have possession of our cards, so we are assuming that either there was a card reader on the kiosk in the arcade or it was an employee of the resort. We are curious to know if this has happened to anyone else that has stayed at the CT location??? I would still recommend the resort for others but bring cash...would hate to see this happen to anyone else!!!

10  Thank jlmjc30
Reviewed March 27, 2011

My husband and I took our grandchildren for a birthday present for the weekend. We should have stayed home .
We got to the hotel on Saturday at 10am got to our room..Not too bad! Went to the water park...The water was so filled with chlorine my husband and my eyes were watering the whole time we were there. The water looked like clear milk... so cloudy ...The kids didn't know anything, they just went on their way.. It was so crowded you couldn't find anyone..
Time for lunch....BRING YOUR OWN!!!!! We spent a bundle for cold, chewy, gross tasting cheeseburgers and pizza. We decided to go OUT for dinner... we had had enough of their food..GREAT CHOICE !!! But when we got back to our room we found a family of carperter ants had moved in!!!!! We killed about 10-20 before we tryed to go to bed..Noone could sleep because we were sovgrossed out!! !We spent the night on ant watch. Finally the sun came up ....we showered again.....because we were all itching, and went to breakfast.. The buffet was alot of cold food but no bugs that we saw.We had had enough after that... packed up and went the hell home!!!!!! We all took showers again when we go home.. Save your money...I had read some reviews before we went and I thought how bad can it be???? Trust me it is bad!!!!!

7  Thank jw62553