“Great find and diamond in the rough”

La Tavola Ristorante
Ranked #9 of 322 Restaurants in Waterbury
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Went to this restaurant Saturday night and really enjoyed our dining experience. Parking difficult in this residential neighborhood however. Nice atmosphere inside ,with outside tables in good weather. Very friendly service and good selection on menu. All entrees our party of 4 ordered were excellent. Delicious taste and very generous portions. Great lasagna bolognese and the ahi tuna was delicious. The selection of appetizers was very nice too.
Coming from the New Haven area we were very pleasantly surprised and will definitely return.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Been several times and the food is always good. Service is sometimes spotty.

Reviewed March 22, 2012

La Tavola offers a very different menu prepared in a fantastic way for special occasions. Great place for a date night or for a family occasion.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Despite the difficulty parking and a wait for our reserved table, I was thrilled with the food, presentation, and service at La Tavola. Very interesting menu, amazing drinks as well and our server was awesome. I can't wait to return!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I don't normally write reviews but felt I had to regarding the experience my family had at La Tavola. We had reservations for the six of us at 7:00. We were seated downstairs which was so loud that I couldn't even hear what my husband was saying that was sitting across from me. We were also up against the wine rack and constantly had to be interrupted when a server had to unlock the doors and get a bottle of wine. The waiter finally came over after about 20 minutes and we asked about a wine selection. He proceeded to tell us that he didn't know anything about wines and he would send the manager over. We decided to order our meals while we waited for the manager for the wine selection who never came. We asked our server again after about 20 minutes and were told that he was busy. We gave up and just ordered a bottle of wine. The food took over an hour to come. We had to get up from the table and walk upstairs to find our server several times just to try and get a drink. I had ordered another glass of wine and after 25 minutes of waiting, finally found our server and asked him where it was. It then took another 10 minutes for him to bring it over. When my husband pointed out to him that the service was lacking his response was, "I can only do what I can do." All in all, it took 3 1/2 hours to have dinner. The food may be good, but I will never go back due to the poor service and lousy attitudes.