“A piece of Europe in the hills of Ct.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington Depot
Hidden Valley Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed May 30, 2011

Divine. You feel as if you have escaped to the hills of Holland or Burgandy. The house is exquiste as is the taste and decor. This is gem for the discerning traveler who needs a break from urban life and wants to have a romantic escapade to Europe--all within 2 hours of NYC. The grounds are lavish and completely private. Mornings start with symphony of bird calls, followed by a gourmet breakfast with local farm eggs, crossiants, fresh jam all served with china and silver fit for royalty. Regine, the owner is a gem--she a pure delight. Anyone who is lucky enough to stay at Hidden Valley will have a trip to remember.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank graciedogrocks

Reviewed May 19, 2011

My dear friend Beth and I visited the B&B on May 8/9 this year (2011) to get out of NYC and get some country air. We love Connecticut and that area along the R 202 is particularly beautiful. The accomodation is very well laid out and one feels immediately at home. The hostess is most charming and stands ready to give you tips and ideas to consider. The surrounding areas offer lots of out door activities and there are quite a few quaint little towns (New Preston, Bantam, and Washington) with shops and restaurants. In short, although it is not that far from New York City, one feels miles away from city life. In short, Hidden Valley is a wonderful, peaceful destination where one can come to relax.

Eduard van Raay

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EHenry
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Really beautiful place, feels like an estate, with attention to detail and extras, makes you feel pampered.

Room Tip: reserve early
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2011

You'll really be treating yourself if you stay at this BnB. Refine is a lovely and gracious host and was very accommodating with our party of four who fell in love with the ace straight away and were distressed we had only booked one night!

The house and surrounds need at least a few nights to appreciate and Regine makes it all wonderful and tops it off with good coffee and great breakfasts. Her two dogs were gorgeous too. :)

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed April 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Hidden Valley over the weekend while attending an event at nearby Kent. It was fabulous. Fantastic breakfast; beautiful natural setting, and a marvelously-decorated home made for a perfect retreat. Regine is a wonderful host and ensured our stay was perfect. It was a welcomed respite from our hectic worklives and we coudn't recommend it more highly. True sanctuary.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2011

I have stayed in many B&B's over the years and this one put them all to shame. I am 46 and my husband surprised me with a weekend at Hidden Valley and I was in Heaven!!
From the moment we arrived Regine, the owner, was SO GREAT, she immediately makes you feel welcome and she has such an awesome quality that you feel she is an old friend. The house is absolutely beautiful, and I consider myself somewhat of an expert on beautiful houses, so when I say it was beautiful, I mean it was beautiful. The house and its grounds encompass an amazingly real feeling of being in the European countryside and its SO quiet, all you can hear are birds and little creatures going about their business, totally oblivious to the wondrous atmosphere in which they get to reside (I spent quite a while wishing I was a squirrel) I loved this place, as it is so beautiful, but it is SO cozy and comfortable, you really feel like your sitting inside the pages of an English Country Living magazine. I highly recommend Hidden Valley to everyone and anyone who wants to escape the rat race and linger in a dream for a spell.
Lisa S.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank celestialjewel
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Regine is a wonderful, sophisticated, accomodating hostess; same as her home. We enjoyed her company and her home. We stayed in the main house . There is a separate room away from the main house, but we felt right at home. She truly made us feel welcome and went out of her way to offer her service. She cooks a great breakfast. We went skiing at Mohawk Mountain with our two 5 year olds and she lent my wife her skiis! She has a fully equipped nursery/play room which our children thoroughly enjoyed. We watched a movie in her den and sat by the fire. Her front yard is a perfect sleigh riding hill that we took advantage of. Washing Depot and environs are great to explore. Have fun

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
#2 of 3 in New Milford
The Cornwall Inn
The Cornwall Inn
#1 of 1 in Cornwall

Been to Hidden Valley Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!