“Absolutely stunning accommodations!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Washington
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
“Absolutely stunning accommodations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

We were there for a special occasion w/ a group of gals. They upgraded our room to two gorgeous suites near the spa. The spa was so serene and stunning. Great food with great service. Would love to go back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

My husband surprised me for my birthday with a weekend getaway at the Mayflower. This was our first time at a luxury spa and we had a great experience. The staff is very attentive Our suite was beautiful with a four post king sized bed, huge bathroom and fireplace. The spa was so relaxing and their treatments were wonderful. We treated ourselves to hot stone massages and the honey scrub. We ate in the restaurant one night and the food was very good. There are also a few restaurants nearby. Perfect place to relax and de-stress. We are looking forward to returning to this beautiful property!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jmnNy
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

Just came back from 3 days at the Mayflower. I was looking to relax, and not have to travel far for a mini-vacation.

This is a very relaxing and romantic place. I highly recommend this for a couple looking for both the inn and spa experience.

I have been to canyon ranch (which i love) a few times and I had been debating going there again, but kept thinking of the beautiful white room in the pictures on the MF Inn website so decided to give them a try. That room is so stunning. They have the best couches to lie on and gaze out through their floor to ceiling windows.. The view is very peaceful.. The whites and pastels are just gorgeous. I loved it there!

Our room was beautiful. We chose to stay in the Allerton cottage,since it was next to the spa. I was a great choice for us. I was I nervous that I would think the room was too country and too over the top, but when I saw it , i just loved it.

The food was delicious, but very expensive. We had dinner there one night and went out to local restaurant for our second night. It was great to do both. We loved the breakfasts at the inn. Fabulous pastries and nice menu.

The grounds are very pretty and relaxing. We stopped to play on their putting green, and to walk through their little maze.. All nice ways to add to the experience.

My spa treatments were excellent. I was disappointed that there were only a small number of classes with no choices (just one class at a time). I did set up a private Chi Gung class which I enjoyed.

The spa house facilities are beautiful. The indoor pool and whirlpool rooms are beautiful .One of the selling points for me was the thermal sanctuary..it is coed, which enabled us to take a steam together (which we usually can't do at most spas) .its actually more like a hammam - one of my new favorite spa experiences...

Only negatives for me was that I wish I there was a sauna at the spa house, and I wish they had eucalyptus in their steam room.

Overall the spa is stunning and quite luxurious. The inn can use some updates in some places. the grounds are beautiful and peaceful. Highly recommend for a couple.

Room Tip: If you want to be near the spa, choose the Allerton cottage. If you want to be near the dining room...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank tc_travel_talk
Encinitas, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

everything about the mayflower is amazing.
i have been to a lot of spas and have seen many beautiful places,
the mayflower may be the most beautiful one i have seen.
it felt perfect.
peaceful and quiet.
the moment i drove onto the property,
i could feel the stress melting from my body.
the hotel is charming
full of nooks and crannies,
the rooms, if they are all like mine
are spacious and comfortable
and the bed feels like you are sleeping in heaven.
the grounds simply gorgeous,
the short 5 minute walk from the hotel to the spa
(they have cars that can take you, if you choose)
was introspective and calming.
i had to stop several times
to just enjoy how beautiful it was all around me.
the staff everywhere is incredibly
the restaurant is delicious and they are farm to table which i love
the same menu is available in the tavern bar (more casual).
everything for my stay was incredible . . . . . .
and the SPA is A M A Z I N G!!!!!!!!!!!!!
do not go through life without experiencing it.
if it is not on your bucket list, trust me, put it on.
it is by far the most luxurious spa i have ever been to
the staff was incredible,
they anticipate your every need.
the lounge fantastic,
the relaxation room with it large windows -simply gorgeous
the treatments innovative and so beneficial.
the classes very high caliber and powerful
you must experience this place.
it is what i imagine being in heaven to be.
treat yourself to the experience of a lifetime
go to this spa!!!!!

i will definitely be back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Daniel L
Jackson, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

one of (if not the) best spa/inns in the country. The restaurant is fantastic, the spa is out of this world, The rooms are very nice (some are a bit funky or small) the only down side is the very poor cell coverage (not a down side if you are trying to get away). If you go you must try the spa and the restaurant otherwise it may not be worth the cost- it is rather dear.

Room Tip: Rooms near the spa are larger and new, but a walk to the main building.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012

By far one of the best spas I have been to in my life!! Absolutely amazing, It has beautiful grounds, world-class facilities and a nice restaurant: It is in the middle of nowehere and not much to do around town, but woth the escape. I was there for 2 nights and believe that 1 one would have been fine. But do visit the spa....excelent treatments and the decoration was in such great taste. Very classy and elegant.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
NYC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

While I had a lovely weekend, I think the Inn is very overpriced.

I was nervous when I learned our room was not in the main building of the hotel but in a cottage near the spa. Being able to run to the spa in my robe definitely, outweighed the drive for meals. But, having to drive for breakfast since it was too cold to walk was not great.

The room was beautiful, large but stuffy. It was a shame they chose not to decorate the rooms like the spa which were light and airy. The spa and room looked looked like there were two different decorators. They should use the spa decorator to update the rooms.

The rooms also lacked any attention to detail. Shower caps and apples were not replaced, one night there was no chocolate on the pillow and there were no little surprises which I expect from a 5-star property. I did not feel pampered in the room. I also understand that hotels are moving toward refillable shampoo and conditioner but I don't like it. It just doesn't feel sanitary.

The spa, however, is outstanding. Its fresh, modern and incredible attention to detail from disposable contact lens cases to little bags of nuts. Its clear, that someone has put an incredible amount of thought into what people want at a spa. The treatments were excellent.

The restaurant was also disjointed. The meals were okay but too costly to be just okay. Nothing spectacular for a 5-star property. The desserts were fabulous. The pastry chef is much better than the regular chef. I do also think $9 for hot chocolate is ridiculous.

The hotel needs to put the same attention to detail in the rooms and restaurant that they put into the spa.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
15 Thank Intrepidtraveler53
Also consider these accommodations in or near Washington
Litchfield Inn
#1 of 3 in New Milford
Curtis House Inn
Curtis House Inn
#1 of 5 in Woodbury

Been to The Mayflower Grace? Share your experiences!