“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Beaufort
cork
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

Just back from thee most wonderful weekend stay at the Dunloe.
Stayed in one of the Suite rooms which was absolutely magnificent. It was like being back in a time when the tourist was treated really well:
• The check in staff were warm and welcoming
• The restaurant food was divine, and I loved the way the Manage came around to each table and greeted us
• Bob the stable gentleman, was just that, a gentleman. The horse riding under the trees for my two kids, along the stream, the sun shining…it was like an Irish Tourist Board advert!
• My husband, who is coeliac, needs a gluten-free meal ..the request was met with "absolutely “ no problem….. The menu was divine.
We have booked again for end of the Summer.
If you need a treat, amongst the beauty of the Gap of Dunloe, with 7 star service, this is the place for you!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank marytravellerCork
HDCManager_11, Manager at The Dunloe, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Dear Mary

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at The Dunloe.
Thank you for your lovely comments I will be pleased to share your positive feedback with our team who work very hard to make each guests’ stay enjoyable and I’m delighted that your husbands dietary requirements were catered for. I am glad that your children enjoyed the complimentary horse riding on the grounds; the ponies are very popular among our guests. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Dunloe in the summer.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Greek first
Nenagh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2012

Just back from a 2 night stay in The Dunloe.
Beautiful in every way.
The hotel, The views from the hotel of The Gap of Dunloe, absolutely spectacular.
The animals, sheep, lambs, horses and foals, idyillic.
The staff could not have been friendlier, more helpfull,and professional in a lovely
relaxed way.
Perfect in every way!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Fran398
HDCManager_11, Manager at The Dunloe, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Dear Fran

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on The Dunloe. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be pleased to share your kind comments with all the team here and hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to Killarney again soon.

Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

Took the short trip from Cork to stay in this Hotel for my girlfriends Birthday. From the moment we arrived we felt that the hotel and its grounds showed pure class. We arrived and the receptionist gave us warm towels and walked us to our rooms explaining all the dining areas, leisure area, bars etc on the way, nice touch.
Many times I felt that I was ripping the hotel off because the deal just seemed to good to be true, the facilities, the service and the staff were the best I have ever experienced in a hotel in Ireland or any other country I was in.
I have stayed in many 4* hotels and always wondered what the difference would be. The answer is the attention to detail. The room we were staying in seemed like the bridal suite in most hotels. It alone was the size of all the rooms in my downstairs semi-detached. The view, priceless, The pictures I took will be sold to a post card company. Outside the is a great view of the mountains and the Gap of Dunloe, also in front there was a meadow with sheep, lambs and horses and it really looked like animal heaven.
On the Sunday morning we walked around the pristine gardens and went to the horse stables. A horse ride is complimentary with the hotel stay but there was one or two couples before us and I was hungover so I didn't wait. My fault and I regret it.
On a final note I'll just mention the food, we got a dinner as part of our deal. Three courses of exceptional food. From the presentation, the amount, the taste and the service I'd give it 10/10. compliments to the chef
On the way home the girlfriend was beaming from ear to ear, we had a fantastic stay and will definitely be visiting again, Dunloe, please keep the good deals coming so mere mortals like myself can visit your country paradise again..THANKS

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Billy A
Dear Billy A

Thank you for sharing your feedback on The Dunloe. We are delighted that you chose The Dunloe to celebrate your girlfriend’s birthday and that you both enjoyed your stay with us. We strive at all times to offer top quality accommodation food and service. I’m delighted to read your kind comments about all the team here especially when they are so positive. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Dunloe in the future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

Can't say enough great things about this hotel. Gorgeous hotel, gorgeous location, gorgeous views, gorgeous food, gorgeous kids club!!!! We stayed an extra night because my daughter loved the kids club so much and it gave me some time to myself! The staff is fantastic - the rooms are huge with balconies with beautiful views. Indoor pool, free pony rides, kids club at night where you can leave kids with great sitters for a few hours. I'm jaded now - I'll want all hotes I stay in to be this awesome. My daughter said she wanted to move there forever!!! Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank K D
Dear KD

Many thanks for sharing your comments on The Dunloe. I am pleased that you enjoyed your recent trip to Ireland and that you thoroughly enjoyed the complimentary activities we have to offer. The hotel strives to provide the most enjoyment for your family break in Killarney. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with all of the team and hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to Killarney soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

I normally don't leave reviews on trip adviser but had to write something to thank the Dunloe staff for making our wedding a perfect weekend... i know its very late as we got married in august 2011 but better late than never.... The food was top class and the service was next to none... we had a huge amount of family and friends staying in the hotel all of which had nothing but good things to say... The location is amazing... and is very friendly for children... My aunt was one of the 1st to have her dog stay in the hotel and it was treated like a queen... We would like to think Jason the hotel manager & Duncan the restaurant manager... both made every effort to make sure every thing went smoothly... My dad was very unwell and Jason greeted him off the helicopter... He passed away 2 weeks after the wedding so it really made our weekend that he made dad feel like a celebrity... The honeymoon suite has to be seen to be believed... amazing... I hope i have covered everything... 5 star hotel with 5 star service and staff... Riain & Fionnán

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank fortifiedgirl
Dear Riain & Fionnán

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on The Dunloe. It was an absolute pleasure to help you both plan your wedding and to welcome your family and friends to celebrate with you on the day. I look forward to sharing your comments with the whole team here especially the kitchen and restaurant team. I am so sorry to hear that your dad passed away especially so soon after your wedding. We aim to make the personal experience for each guest the best that it can be and it’s great to hear that your aunt enjoyed five star treatment for her dog. Again, thank you for choosing to spend your special day with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Dunloe soon.

Trenton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

We had been traveling with Vantage World Tours starting on Sept. 15, 2011 in Scotland and ending our tour of the UK in Ireland. We had been in four hotels prior to Dunloe Castle. It really was the perfect setting to end our tour. The room was elegant, spacious and comfortable. The countryside was breathtaking and the gardens an absolute arboretum. The staff was pleasant, professional and accommodating. The food and service was excellent. I highly recommend this hotel, if you're looking for quiet elegance.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Charlene K
HDCManager_11, Manager at The Dunloe, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Dear Charlene K

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent trip to Ireland and your time with us at Hotel Dunloe Castle. I look forward to sharing your comments with all of the team and hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to Killarney in the future.

Kind regards

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

After staying in several top notch hotels around Ireland, my husband and I have concluded that the epitome of quiet elegance and Irish hospitality is most certainly on display at Dunloe Castle. We recently stayed here for the October bank holiday weekend as it was my husband’s birthday, we made this aware on check-in and was straight away given a complimentary upgrade, which we were over the moon about but it didn’t end there!!!!! The assistant manager took us by surprise when she organised a birthday cake for that evening, whilst we dined in their restaurant, the personal touch was just excellent and just made the whole experience more memorable. The staff is impeccably professional. They are extremely congenial and attentive to all their guests needs. The public lounge has a gently worn but comfortable feel, right down to the open fire. The guest bedrooms are well appointed and squeaky clean with outstanding views, and the bathrooms are first rate. Overall my husband and I greatly enjoyed our stay. One of the nicest hotels I have ever experienced. The staff did not miss a beat. Will definitely return next year.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mgt_Dublin
Dear Mgt_Dublin

Many thanks for sharing your comments on Hotel Dunloe Castle. It is certainly high praise that you compare us to the many other wonderful five stars around Ireland and find us to be among the best. We pride ourselves on making each guests’ stay a special experience and are delighted that you enjoyed celebrating your husband’s birthday with us here. We shall look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Kind regards

Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaufort
The Europe Hotel & Resort
Lake Hotel
#9 of 39 in Killarney
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,929 reviews
Aghadoe Heights Hotel & Spa

Been to The Dunloe? Share your experiences!