“Updated review What Happen 4 to 2 stars”
Review of The Rooster Tail Inn Restaurant - CLOSED

The Rooster Tail Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Connecticut
“Updated review What Happen 4 to 2 stars”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I have become very disappointed in our recent visits to the Rooster Tail Inn Restaurant. Since my first review from November 2012 the dinners and branches have gone down hill. On 3 separate visits a member of our party had to turn back a meal for either being bad, (mussels) undercooked(meat) and meat in a veggie omlette. Service remains good but the quality of the food has gone down hill. Pete K

• Visited October 2013
6 Thank peacefullpete

New Milford, Connecticut, USA
“Outstanding Dinner Experience”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I went for a dinner for two and were very pleased with everything. The appetizer was an outstanding presentation of stuffed mushrooms. The dinner entrees were both suburb. I got the sirloin and my wife had stuffed lobster. Everything was so good that we asked to see the chef. He came out and was greeted by us and others for his excellent meals. Topped off with an out of bounds dessert of bread pudding. My martini was one of the best I ever had including martini bars. Thanks for a great dining evening. See you again soon.

• Visited October 2013
USA
“keep driving”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

There are very few good restaurants in the area and we really wanted to like this one. When it opened, we were lured in by special prices and dinners. We tried most of them and were consistently disappointed. We stopped going altogether a few years ago. Today, we tried once more, this time at lunch. Big mistake. We had called ahead for reservations...they had no record of it. We were seated promptly, the menus were still being made up so we had to wait about 15 minutes for the menu. After ordering, it took about another 30 minutes for the food to arrive. And unfortunately it was not worth the wait. A large hunk of overdone, heavy meatloaf was unceremoniously dumped on mashed potatoes, with corn on the cob serving as the chef's special vegetable. The salad contained wilted lettuce and tough, chewy beef.
This is a lovely area to drive, particularly in the autumn. Do yourself a favor and keep driving past the Rooster Tail - head over to Litchfield instead.

• Visited September 2013
8 Thank Italia222
connecticut
“Owner has a bad attitude”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have been to this restaurant four times. I enjoy the food, and it is beautifully decorated. However, the owners attitude on 3/4 I have been is unprofessional. Talking to your waitstaff about customers while in earshot of them is unnecessary. Treating customers whom she deems have money and importance better, and might I add obviously sucking up and treating you completely differently when that person is present is concerning. All customers should be given the same level of respect.

• Visited August 2013
13 Thank amfjah
Washington, Ct
“Hardball popovers”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Yankee Silver Smith, a restaurant in Wallingford, CT used to serve delicious, light and crispy popovers in the middle of the dinner by a waitress in a traditional dress. The place burnt down and so the recipe. An attempt to revive the custom by Rooster Tail is far from successful. The popovers are served with prime rib on Wednesdays. The beef is soft (not like hard boiled popovers) but tasteless and delivered lukewarm to the table. I ordered a King cut and got so much fat and tendons around the meat that Ubu Rex (my 150 pounds Rafeiro do Alentejo mastiff) had a delicious dinner. My wife ordered a Queen cut and she got enough pink meat to feed us both.
The restaurant has struggled to establish itself as an alternative to nearby situated Hopkins Inn. For a long lime servers were totally untrained and inattentive to guests. It has improved. The food, never bad, remains a problem: too generous portions without any sophistication. The place has future, hopefully not too distant to get there. Still there is some time to go.

• Visited July 2013