“Appealing Dinner Locale”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Bethlehem, Connecticut
“Appealing Dinner Locale”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We brought out-of-country friends to dinner and enjoyed Rooster Tail's "classic" American fare. They particularly enjoyed the beef and seafood dishes. Attentive staff who were there when needed, but didn't rush us. Friendly atmosphere. Excellent beers on tap and first-rate bar service. Will definitely return.

• Visited June 2013

“Nice atmosphere, service is lacking”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stopped here for brunch following a visit to Lake Waramaug. While I was pleasantly surprised by the lovely view and the outdoor seating, the service could be improved. Originally seated at a table where the umbrella pole obstructed our view of each other, we were met with an awkward exchange with our waitress when we politely asked to move to one of the 5 empty tables on the patio. Though our request was eventually met, things did not improve. Brunch includes a mimosa, to which our server noted that I would not be wanting one after she noticed that I was pregnant. Granted, I'm not imbibing while pregnant, but she didn't even offer something in exchange until I asked if I could at least have the juice without the champagne. The lobster roll was not your typical sandwich and was served open faced, though the description didn't make note of that. The muffins provided during brunch could have been fresher. Though not the worst dining experience I've ever had, it was disappointing that the service did not match the view. I don't think I'll be dining here again.

• Visited June 2013
ct
“Brunch”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had brunch here on Mothers Day and were also celebrating our 25th anniversary. What a lovely Inn and restaurant. The owners are hands on which I am sure is the reason for the wonderful service. Brunch was a large buffet. Everything from eggs benedict, shrimp, salmon, filet mignon (rare, med rare and well done available) to my absolute favorite Creme Brûlée french toast. Had never had it before and it was amazing. Served with pure maple syrup. Will look forward to going back and trying dinner. I feel quite sure we will be pleased.

• Visited May 2013
Southbury CT
“Lunch specials well worth the drive”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

After at least five delicious lunches last summer and fall we returned today (May 10) to Rooster Tail Inn for the $25 for two lunch special and were not disappointed. Sitting on the terrace overlooking lawn, flowers and a pond, we each had a Caesar salad, mine with a generous portion of salmon and my husband's with four large shrimp and our choice of wine or beer. Yes, all for $25! The salad included fresh parmesan cheese and a light dressing and included a small piece of bread. Four other menu choices were offered at this price, but a regular lunch menu was also available. Last fall the lunch special included dessert, but now it does not. Warren is a cute little town in Litchfield County, close to New Preston and Lake Waramaug

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank teacher017
Bristol, Ct
“Great Ambiance”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went there on Valentine's Day for the first time and were very pleasantly surprised at the
level of service and the quality of the food. Usually on a holiday, the service is terrible and sometimes the food also. We had such a nice time and enjoyed every minute of our visit.
We liked it so much that we returned in March with two other couples who thoroughly enjoyed themselves as well. I highly recommend it. They have great specials and are reasonable in price.

It is also a Bed & Breakfast so if you need a place to stay, they have rooms available. It isn't inexpensive to stay there but I am sure it will be worth your money. Check it out.

• Visited February 2013