“Worth a trip from anywhere”

Neil's New York Style Donut
Ranked #1 of 7 Bakeries in Wallingford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Parking Available, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
conn
“Worth a trip from anywhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

I have to say as a Chef and resurant owner you have to really apricate the effort that Neol and his staff put into their product. There isn't anything I wouldn't be proud of if this were my buisness

Scott M

• Visited October 2011

Hartford, Connecticut
“Goodbye Dunkin, Hello Neil's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

One of the pleasures of my childhood was the "sugar raised" donut. Not the white powdered kind but the ones with granular sugar. These were a common option at the many local donut stores and even as an adult I used to find them in shops in California where I lived for years before moving back to CT in 2005. Since coming back, many of the non-Dunkin stores are gone and with them, the sugar raised donut. Not that I couldn't afford to leave them out of my diet but I missed having the choice.
I was crusing tag sales the other morning and drove by Neil's for the first time. It's not an obvious place and I'm sure I'd driven by it in the past but this time it registered. I turned around and went back hopeful I would find the long missed sugar raised donut. I'm pleased to say (don't tell my doctor) that Neil's filled the void and then some. These were the donuts of my past and it doesn't end there. While my focus was very narrow, the other choices looked equally delicious. Another review mentions the filled donuts and those are on my list for the next visit. I'm sorry I didn't know this place was here but now it will be a regular weekend stop. When you go, plan to takeout as there is no seating. I don't drink coffee but it smelled good. Prices are reasonable and the selection is wide. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

• Visited June 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Best donuts in Central CT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

Hand made, delicious donuts and pastries. Neil and his staff are hard working, local folks who put out unbelievable products. Everything is always warm and fresh. A local gem!

Visited February 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Worst treatment I've ever received”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

If you want to go to a place that has no regard for their customers then this is it. No donut is worth being treated rudely and theirs' aren't anything special. Never again.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Aleeze C
“Great place for donuts and pastries!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

I've been going to Neils Donuts for years. They make great pastries and donuts. I have never been disappointed!
PS they don't accept credit cards.