“Great little place!”

Description: Authentic Mexican FoodBest Margaritas in Town Happy Hour 4 to 7
Brookfield, Massachusetts, United States
“Great little place!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Usually, we head for bland restaurants in Wallingford, because we are taking Mom out to lunch from the Masonic Home. The normal schedule was off today, so my sister & I were looking for something different. We found it! This place is wonderful, and we will be back.
The chips & salsa were fresh and warm; both choices of salsa were very good. I wanted something fairly mild, and ordered the avodado Quesadilla. It was very very good. My sister got the chicken Chipotle Quesadilla, and she thought it was also very good.
The service was friendly (and I think that was the owner/cook who came around to make sure we were all set) and our food came out quite fast. No negatives at all, and will surely recommend this place to all of our extended family.

• Visited June 2014

Connecticut
“Yankee Tacoville”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

A Texan in Yankee Land is always on the lookout for good Tex-Mex or a facsimile thereof. There are pitifully few bona-fide joints this side of the Mason-Dixon Line, but one that comes pretty close is Los Mariachis in Wallingford. My husband and I came across this restaurant by happenchance and decided to give it a shot, What a wonderful surprise! Two things: the guacamole salad (not the small bowl but the actual salad) and the fish tacos - both personal favorites. My husband loved the enchiladas but lamented that there wasn't enough. The refried beans and rice were good as well, which is a telling point. Unfortunately, we haven't tried the frozen margaritas, which we will do next time we visit, which is supposed to be the real defining characteristic of a true Tex-Mex experience, There's a flat screen TV, a separate bar area, and an attentive, pleasant staff. Lively spot on Saturday nights, we hear. The only negative point is no chile rellenos -dang! I'm pretty sure they'd be great if they were on the menu!

• Visited March 2014
Killingworth, CT
“Excellent Mexican food in Central Connecticut”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Los Mariachis was a great surprise--it is clearly a notch above most of the other Mexican restaurants in Southern New England. The staff was warm, welcoming, efficient, and clearly proud of their restaurant and the food they produced. I'm not a huge mariachi band fan and they had two guys playing and singing, but that was really my own complaint. The hot sauce came in two varieties and the hotter one was truly spicy. I had a fresh guacamole salad with grilled shrimp that was just about perfect and very reasonable at $10.95. The waiter suggested leaving the lettuce and tomatoes off the beef tacos to allow the flavor of the spices to come through and he was right--the food was delicious. And everything was not swimming in globs of melted cheese. Los Mariachis was wonderful and if you are looking for better-than-average Mexican food, it is worth a drive.

• Visited August 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The only place to get real authentic mexican food in connecticut. There was live music delicious food and great service. Definetely comming back!!!

• Visited June 2013
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Don't waste your money!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have had authentic Mexican food in Texas, Arizona and a few fine restaurants in Connecticut (Su Casa, El Sombrero, La Boca ...). I would have to say that the food at this restaurant was the most tasteless Mexican food I have ever had in my life. The Ultimate margarita was a joke. The chicken enchilada had absolutely no flavor whatsoever. I've had better refried beans out of a can. The drink was filled with ice and had maybe a shot of liquor in it. Don't waste your money on this place! I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone!

• Visited December 2012