Gaetano's Tavern On Main
Ranked #20 of 178 Restaurants in Wallingford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Something for everyone! Gaetano's Tavern on Main is a great bar & restaurant with a beautiful private banquet room for any occasion. Debbie and Cheryl, co-owners of Gaetano's have made Gaetano's Tavern on Main a place to be in Wallingford. Gaetano's Tavern attracts a lively night-life with a younger crowd and the dining area is perfect for families and friends to gather. Gaetano's also offers a very attractive and versatile private room that is reservered for large parties, catering and other events.
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff, a good place to have a couple of drinks before you go out to another restaurant to eat. I would advise anybody that wants to eat here, order something simple, turkey sandwich is good here.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Used to go there with my dad years ago. He passed 5 years ago, and had not been back on visits to my home town. Glad I went, the waitress even remember me. The menu is great, any fussy person can find something. The fish and chips were the best I ever had in my 50 plus years. The waitress said, they change the oil daily, and use a very light batter, that created the best fish for fish and chips. Going back for sure next trip to CT.
The decor is delightful, the negative comments from others, makes me suspicious of a mcdonald type eater...sorry.
Good for all ages, small and large.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We went to this restaurant while in town and found it to be a pleasant experience. We sat outside as it was a lovely evening. Servers were prompt and attentive (we had about 3 different people bring us items during our meal!). We didn't really get anything fancy, but what we had was yummy. I had a chicken salad wrap, nice chicken salad with grapes. My husband had a spinach salad, which he finished off and said was very good. Kids both had grilled cheese sandwiches, and finished the entire thing which doesn't always happen! Overall a nice experience.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I was here only once, and you'll see why.... I wasn't terribly impressed by the food or the atmosphere. It wasn't especially expensive, nor was it memorable, either. But, at the end, we produced a coupon which the restaurant had issued as a part of a promotion. The terms were stated at the top of the offer, in plain print. But, as out waitress pointed out - loudly, so that the whole room could hear - there were OTHER terms which modified the offer, and these were hidden in extremely tiny print at the bottom of the coupon. So, not only were we fooled, but also humiliated! Is there any wonder why I've never returned?

3  Thank CTBuzz
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Had a tasty Asian salad with chicken and sesame dressing. Chicken a little sparse, but overall, good. My dining companion had a hot lobster roll with sweet potato fries. Both were fair. Lobster was a little tough. Service was very good. Do like the location and looking forward to going back to enjoy the outdoor patio.