“Beware - Keep track of your property if you want it keep it!”

Courtyard New Haven Wallingford
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Wallingford
Kentucky
“Beware - Keep track of your property if you want it keep it!”
Reviewed July 22, 2009

After we checked out, my son realized he left his new Iphone in his bed. I called from the airport and we were told they checked and it wasn't there. I know for a fact that it was! This was the last place he had it and now someone at the Courtyard Marriot has a new $400.00 Iphone. We are in Connecticut each year, however, the Marriot can be assured that no one in our family will ever stay there again. It's a shame that a hotel must suffer from the inappropriate behavior of one employee. In the long run, crime doesn't pay!

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank KentuckyTravelers7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Korean first
Central Vermont
Reviewed June 9, 2009

I stayed here for two nights, for bringing my daughter to her freshman orientation at Quinnipiac University (maybe 15 minutes away, off Exit 10). The Courtyard is VERY convenient off I-91 South, Exit 15. I bought the room on Priceline and got a great deal. When I checked in, I asked if it was possible to get a balcony room with two beds and the front desk gentleman was extremely polite, helpful, and accommodating.

This hotel does not have a restaurant and nearby dining options are limited, however, they did stock fresh chef salads and sandwiches in their 24-hour "market" next to the front desk. This market included multiple beverage choices (including beer!) and candy.

The entire hotel was IMMACULATE, inside and outside. Kudos to the maids and landscapers.

Free internet connection in rooms. Free coffee in the morning.

They had a buffet breakfast (additional $) that I didn't use, so I can't speak to the quality.

Excellent water pressure and temperature in the shower (one of my pet peeves is when hotels have lousy shower heads!).

On the balcony (overlooking the nice courtyard) I could hear the interstate but I could not hear it inside my room. I could hear people walking by on Friday night, but then my room was right near the elevator.

All of the desk staff with whom I spoke were highly courteous and helpful.

The indoor pool looked great, but alas I forgot my swimsuit so I didn't go swimming myself.

Overall, this was an excellent place to stay while visiting Quinnipiac University and we will certainly stay here again in the future.

The only downsides of this hotel are not terribly important in the scheme of things. The TV in the room was really, really small and not a flat screen. And, the elevator made scary clunky noises along with being herky-jerky (though it did have a valid safety certificate) - we felt unsafe in it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank VTwanderlust
United States
Reviewed December 28, 2008

Spent 6 nights here with husband and 3 children. Booked a 1 bedroom suite - 2 double beds in one room, sofa bed in living area. Very roomy

Rooms were clean. Lobby area was very nice - always had free hot coffee and tea, nice sitting area and fireplace. Buffet breakfast in morning - we only had one time. Decent food and kids were half price.

Pool area was clean and nice - unfortunately was closed for repairs 3 days while we were there (Christmas week so probably a slow time for them)

Best thing about this Courtyard was the staff - we have stayed at many marriott's and I would rate the service here as one of the best. Staff went out of their way to be helpful and make our stay comfortable - from the front desk staff to the housekeepers, all were very pleasant.

Would stay here again!

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008
Chittenango, New York
Reviewed December 3, 2008

Nice property located right off I-91. Closeby is the Homewood Suites, and the Fairfield Inn (which is undergoing major renovations currently).

Property is actually a Courtyard, as the name says (rooms are in a square, surrounding an outdoor courtyard. Ask for an interior room, so you dont hear the noise from I-91.

Nice lobby area. Fireplace. Couple of flatscreen TV's. Couple of computers to print out boarding passes, etc.

Pool & whirpool area looked nice. I didnt partake.

I had a 2-room suite. Not sure if this is the only style room at this property, but it was huge. Similar to an Embassy Suite room (I stay at Hilton properties mostly). Room also had a microwave, and fridge.

Parking is amble, although they give you a notice stating "reminder to bring in your GPS units due to thefts". Not sure if that implies they have had recent thefts, or they are just being informative in general. Nonetheless, good advice.

Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 15, 2008

We stayed here in July 2008. It is a nice hotel up to the Marriott's standards for a Courtyard. Great location, right off I-91 and easy to find no matter how late you arrive. It can get busy on weekends in the summer. We once found the huge parking lot was totally full on a Friday night and no ice came out of the ice makers the next morning. But overall, nothing to complain about this hotel.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
gorgeous hudson valley
Reviewed February 9, 2008

the hotel is located just off of I-91. There is a Fairfield Inn and Homewood Suites across the street.
The hotel has 3 floors, all 2nd & 3rd floor rooms have balconies.1st floor rooms have sliders. One elevator centrally located.....steps were just as easy to use and probably faster. There is a large breakfast area, buffet costs $9.95--we opted for a bagel down the street.
Our room had 2 double bedds, both inviting! Plenty of outlets. fee internet, not wireless, though. There is one computer in the business center. A nice touch, there is also a microwave for anyone to use. Fridges are available on request..it was cold enough outside for us to put our stuff on the balcony--it was the largest cooler we ever had!
Free coffee in the loby. Nice gathering area off of the business center with a flat screen TV. Courtyard looked nice.
I'm pretty sure this is an older hotel, and Marriott has done a good job keeping it up.
As with all Courtyards, there is a large working area in the room. Vanity is seperate from the bathroom.
There is a lot of stores just down the road--about 5 minutes away--many restuarants too. We ate at Siam Valee on Ives Street--Thai Food--really good...and they do take-out also.
Our travels brought us here to watch a hockey game in Cromwell, a 10 minute drive. We don't usually have an occasion to go out on the town so I can't tell you what/where the hot spots are.
Promintently diplayed in the lobby is an open letter reminding
travelers about GPS' being stolen from cars. they remind you to take GPS, Laptops, etc in with you.....

• Liked — nice sized rooms with a balcony
  • Disliked — haven'
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 2toots
New England
Reviewed January 20, 2008

All guests be wary of unauthorized charges on your credit card if you stay at this property. My wife and I recently stayed here and later learned that the hotel had charged our credit card $250.00 for smoking in the room. WE DID NO SMOKE IN THE ROOM. When I called and explained to the manager that we did not smoke in the room he was unsympathtic to my explanation. We now have to fight the charges and are burdoned with the duty of having to prove we are innocent of this. If you stay here be aware that for any reason you can be charged any arbitrary bogus fee for smoking whether you smoke or not. If you call the corporate office you will recieve little sympathy and they will claim that they will investigate the situation. That remains to be seen and we still feel like we are victims of extortion. It seems this is a new way for the corporation to make up for the lack of room-nights when business is bad.

• Stayed January 2008
4 Thank 2overpar5
WallingfordCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard New Haven Wallingford, responded to this review, April 9, 2009
Hello -

This hotel values each and every guest that walks thru the door! The Wallingford Courtyard is a 100% smoke-free hotel, and we make sure that all guests are aware of the policy, so that there are no surprises upon check-out. Unfortunately, a $250 fee will be charged if a guest smokes in one of the rooms or on the balcony.

Please feel free to reach out to the hotel anytime with questions about this topic.

Thank you!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wallingford
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden
Fairfield Inn New Haven Wallingford
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center

Been to Courtyard New Haven Wallingford? Share your experiences!