“Lobby recently remodeled to new Courtyard style”

Courtyard New Haven Wallingford
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Wallingford
Tucson, Arizona
“Lobby recently remodeled to new Courtyard style”
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Excellent location right off I-91. Friendly and alert staff even for my arrival in the middle of the night. Recently renovated lobby with free coffee, TV, internet, newspapers etc. Clean and modern. Standard size Courtyard room with good work space, recently updated furniture and a large HD TV with many HD channels. Comfy bed. Good alarm clock. Free WiFi with 1 Mbps speed up and down. Soft towels and lots of them, medium amenities, new shower head. Cleanliness is fine. Hallways and elevators have not been updated. Breakfast, lunch and dinner is the new updated"Bistro" style and has a lot of choices. Very friendly staff. Parking easy and free.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Courtyard Marriots gives you complete professional treatment in terms of service and lodging. Only problem is that you need to travel few miles for dinner or lunch as they provide only breakfast. You can get few things over their shop.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Norwalk, CT
Reviewed January 27, 2011

We spent one night at this hotel and dealt with a room that was not very clean. I have stayed at rustic lodges and B&Bs in rural areas before, where you expect some dust or cracks - par for the course in those locations. This room was a standard hotel room - not a rustic lodge or old house - and could have been kept clean. The toilet had hair on it, the shower had hair and soap gunk in the soap dish and the counter by the sink had one of those clothing stickers indicating the size (several inches long) stuck onto it - but not hard to see.

The hotel's management was helpful in resolving the issues when we raised them, and we appreciated that, but I would have expected a better cleaning job from the start.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CoastalLife19
Long Island
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Typical Marriott Courtyard, room was clean work desk area made the room a bit crowded. Sound proofing could be better.

Cafe for breakfast was okay; we opted for freshly prepared eggs, and was not worth the wait. Hostess/waitress was overwhelmed as she was the only one working.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed April 30, 2010

I'm a frequent stayer at this hotel. Its convenient to I-91 between Hartford and New Haven. The staff is attentive, helpful and professional. Decor is traditional Courtyard. The hotel is starting to show signs of age - carpeting is getting dingy, curtains are starting to move from white to gray. If some money is invested in freshening the public areas and deep-cleaning the rooms, it will return to top-notch status.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Kentucky
Reviewed July 22, 2009

After we checked out, my son realized he left his new Iphone in his bed. I called from the airport and we were told they checked and it wasn't there. I know for a fact that it was! This was the last place he had it and now someone at the Courtyard Marriot has a new $400.00 Iphone. We are in Connecticut each year, however, the Marriot can be assured that no one in our family will ever stay there again. It's a shame that a hotel must suffer from the inappropriate behavior of one employee. In the long run, crime doesn't pay!

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank KentuckyTravelers7
Central Vermont
Reviewed June 9, 2009

I stayed here for two nights, for bringing my daughter to her freshman orientation at Quinnipiac University (maybe 15 minutes away, off Exit 10). The Courtyard is VERY convenient off I-91 South, Exit 15. I bought the room on Priceline and got a great deal. When I checked in, I asked if it was possible to get a balcony room with two beds and the front desk gentleman was extremely polite, helpful, and accommodating.

This hotel does not have a restaurant and nearby dining options are limited, however, they did stock fresh chef salads and sandwiches in their 24-hour "market" next to the front desk. This market included multiple beverage choices (including beer!) and candy.

The entire hotel was IMMACULATE, inside and outside. Kudos to the maids and landscapers.

Free internet connection in rooms. Free coffee in the morning.

They had a buffet breakfast (additional $) that I didn't use, so I can't speak to the quality.

Excellent water pressure and temperature in the shower (one of my pet peeves is when hotels have lousy shower heads!).

On the balcony (overlooking the nice courtyard) I could hear the interstate but I could not hear it inside my room. I could hear people walking by on Friday night, but then my room was right near the elevator.

All of the desk staff with whom I spoke were highly courteous and helpful.

The indoor pool looked great, but alas I forgot my swimsuit so I didn't go swimming myself.

Overall, this was an excellent place to stay while visiting Quinnipiac University and we will certainly stay here again in the future.

The only downsides of this hotel are not terribly important in the scheme of things. The TV in the room was really, really small and not a flat screen. And, the elevator made scary clunky noises along with being herky-jerky (though it did have a valid safety certificate) - we felt unsafe in it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank VTwanderlust
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wallingford
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden
Fairfield Inn New Haven Wallingford
Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford

Been to Courtyard New Haven Wallingford? Share your experiences!