“RUDE staff”

Pacific Buffet & Grill
Ranked #76 of 178 Restaurants in Wallingford
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I am a former regular customer but after Saturday evening I will never be back. I wanted to enjoy sitting with my family but, after gastric bypass surgery, I can only eat small portions - so I asked for a child's menu, or the option of paying only for two pieces of sushi. What a response! I am not a cheat! I have a card explaining the surgery, but it was met with a rude, crass response from the hostess and server. They even said that there was no manager available!

If you have any special circumstances, STAY AWAY from Pacific Buffet - there are too many other buffet restaurants.

3  Thank jstargu

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I haven't eaten here in a couple of years, mainly because I'm not a big eater and the price they charged didn't really pay for me to spend, even though I did feel it was a good value. Not they've lowered the price, and even have a '2 for $20' special on weeknights. I guess they did this by charging extra for crab legs and other pricey items. The result? Still good quality and quantity of food, and well worth the price! Now, even for a light eater like me, one can enjoy picking from a huge variety of dishes that are enjoyable.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Great selection but it is the usual cattle drive experience mixed with a dose of rudeness from some of the kitchen workers who replenish the feed.

1  Thank Fred C
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Wide variety of food choices so there is something for everyone. They just lowered their prices so it's not as expensive as it use to be. Take out is great too.

Reviewed March 10, 2012

I'm usually not much for buffets. The quality is just never good enough to justify the price, and often the quality is just not good enough at any price. But I rolled the dice on the Pacific Buffet due to the strong reviews. I certainly will second the consensus opinions.

The Pacific is really quite good. The food was very well prepared, and there was a good selection of Chinese, Japanese, and American food. Even the sushi was pretty decent (for a buffet). The deserts are normally awful at these places, but my apple pie and red velvet cake were fresh and tasty. There were a few minor misses on the buffet, but overall, everything was very well done. There was an observation about the high price, but they have just dropped the price to a VERY reasonable number (I don't think I am supposed to print the price in the review, but I can barely get out of Taco Bell for less).

The service is typical, a little matter-of-fact, but certainly satisfactory. It is a little too hot in the restaurant and it is a utilitarian place (not overly fancy), but clean and pleasant enough.

I doubt you will find a better dinner value in most of Connecticut, especially if you're hungry. Enjoy!