“What's all the fuss about? and, its noisy!”

Michael's Trattoria
Ranked #10 of 182 Restaurants in Wallingford
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Michael's Trattoria has served the Wallingford community for the past 20 years. Cozy, great friendships, big flavor in a relaxed casual Italian Cuisine. Food is prepared by Michael in the spirit of his Italian roots. Our customer includes a huge amount of locals, but many choose Michael's before a Toyota Theater show or it's closeness to Choate. Friends, strangers, colleagues and family are always welcome to try simple generous, full flavored style of cooking. Michael's Trattoria gives you a range of appetizers, pasta. chicken, veal, steak and seafood. We offer fresh bread with Michael's own irresistible (customers rave!) virgin olive oil to dip in. We have private rooms available( for business and small parties) and also offer catering (on site, carry out and off premises) We are a small family owned Italian Resturant and take pride it the dining experience we offer. Best to make reservations.
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Its really just average. The pasta dish my colleague had seemed alright but my salmon dish (that was suppose to be lighter fare) was swimming in butter. So much butter that it was not edible. The service was great and the wine list was comprehensive but the food was just "so so". Also, if its a quiet dinner you want, this is not the place for you. The bar gets a big play and its very noisy. Some of the bar noise does spill into the dining room, but the acoustics in the dinning room is very bad all by it self. Very difficult to have a quiet private conversation.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Have been here a few times and each time I leave asking "why did I come back?" It's simply not that good. Food is fair at best. Service is good, people friendly. I guess I just keep wishing it would improve. They need higher quality products for use in the recipes. Time for me to give up. Once again I left disappointed.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We were trying to find a place for dinner before a show at the Oakdale and happened upon this place. I was pretty impressed at the service and food we had for dinner. Honestly the only negative was the below average old fashioned drink I was poured. The service was actually fantastic, super attentive and friendly. We had the hot seafood sampler, salads, penne w/vodka, and chicken and artichokes. All the food was very very good, we enjoyed everything. I was certainly return for dinner.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

What a lovely little spot for a wonderful Italian meal! We really enjoyed the chicken piccatta and eggplant parm. Service was excellent!

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Very nice restaurant that's been in business quite a few years. The food is always consistent. The chef gets creative with the specials which is always a nice surprise. I love the salmon with dill sauce which us my favorite. The cocktails are also very consistent. Great wait staff. A gem in Wallingford.