“Great staff, Great Food”

Michael's Trattoria
Ranked #6 of 178 Restaurants in Wallingford
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Michael's Trattoria has served the Wallingford community for the past 20 years. Cozy, great friendships, big flavor in a relaxed casual Italian Cuisine. Food is prepared by Michael in the spirit of his Italian roots. Our customer includes a huge amount of locals, but many choose Michael's before a Toyota Theater show or it's closeness to Choate. Friends, strangers, colleagues and family are always welcome to try simple generous, full flavored style of cooking. Michael's Trattoria gives you a range of appetizers, pasta. chicken, veal, steak and seafood. We offer fresh bread with Michael's own irresistible (customers rave!) virgin olive oil to dip in. We have private rooms available( for business and small parties) and also offer catering (on site, carry out and off premises) We are a small family owned Italian Resturant and take pride it the dining experience we offer. Best to make reservations.
New York City, New York
“Great staff, Great Food”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Exceptional service, great value, wonderful atmosphere. Oh, the food is delicious, well prepared, made with passion. The entire staff consistently goes above and beyond to make sure you are one happy customer! Time and time again we have been impressed by how friendly and accommodating the staff are. It's simply a good place to have awesome food.

Meriden, Connecticut
“Always A Great Meal.”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have been to Michael's many times, and every time, we have had a delicious meal. From
Seafood, Beef, Poultry, or Pasta, we have enjoyed every dish. The desserts are also excellent! It's a good idea to make a reservation, as the weekends do get very busy.

Ridgewood, NJ
“Friendly local Italian spot”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We recently spent a weekend in Wallingford and our innkeeper and the jeweler down the street both recommended this spot. On a Friday night even with reservations it was jammed! The hostess felt so badly that we were waiting 20 minutes for an 8 o'clock reservation that the owner bought my husband and myself a drink. After being seated, it was unfortunate that our waiter totally forgot to even bring our soup and salad..Our wait for that was another 30 minutes! Unfortunately the bread was not good enough to keep our hungry stomachs at bay. I believe it is totally inexcusable to serve some inferior white bread like this in an otherwise good Italian restaurant. Again the hostess apologized profusely for the prolonged delay of our food. Luckily our entrees were very delicious, not the best I've ever had, but good. The seafood linguini was a very generous portion of clams, mussels, and shrimp and my husband enjoyed his shrimp scampi. We did not have dessert. The pizza at the bar by the way, looked amazing! Worth a try if you are in the area. Let's hope the chef decides to buy "real" Italian bread.

Durham, CT
“A neighborhood Treasure where you can't go wrong”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Wow! My daughters gave me a gift certificate for my birthday because they've heard me rave about Michaels. Well, Michaels did not disappoint! We didn't have a reservation, but the hostess didn't blink. She smiled warmly and told us normally arable could be had on a Friday night but a party of 30 was taking up an entire room. So we sat at a high top of our choice in the bar area. Our waitress was fantastic. My husband said the Seafood linguini was tops. The chicken with artichokes was divine. I asked for it over spinach in lieu of pasta. Our waitress said, " no problem". Oh I almost forgot we started with the broccoli rabe and sausage. Yum! We were offered desert etc. with those portions who could manage more food? We never felt rushed. A GREAT place to dine. I've visited Michaels late at night and they always put out free freshly made delicious pizza at midnight to help people get home safely. A great neighborhood treasure

Wallingford CT
“Best Seafood Linguine on this planet!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Piled high with clams and such, I have yet to have a better seafood linguine dish elsewhere. The sauce is to die for.

Visited September 2012