“Friendly, but average food!”

Michael's Trattoria
Ranked #7 of 178 Restaurants in Wallingford
Cuisines: Italian, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Michael's Trattoria has served the Wallingford community for the past 20 years. Cozy, great friendships, big flavor in a relaxed casual Italian Cuisine. Food is prepared by Michael in the spirit of his Italian roots. Our customer includes a huge amount of locals, but many choose Michael's before a Toyota Theater show or it's closeness to Choate. Friends, strangers, colleagues and family are always welcome to try simple generous, full flavored style of cooking. Michael's Trattoria gives you a range of appetizers, pasta. chicken, veal, steak and seafood. We offer fresh bread with Michael's own irresistible (customers rave!) virgin olive oil to dip in. We have private rooms available( for business and small parties) and also offer catering (on site, carry out and off premises) We are a small family owned Italian Resturant and take pride it the dining experience we offer. Best to make reservations.
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Very nice waitress! Great service, wish the food was better! My husband and I dined there while dropping our daughter at Choate. We loved the bread but the entries were mediocre. The place has a strange odor and could use a good scrubbing...

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I eat all over the country. I work for an industrial calibration company and was doing work at the local steel mills. That evening the plant managers took me for dinner. We ate in the back room and had a gentleman wait on us, he was great knew ingredients in dish. He made our experience positive through suggestions and ease of ordering. We really liked being in the back room. I thought the prices were in line with other restaurants of this caliber especially when you consider the GREAT bread and unique tasty olive oil dip you get and a your choice of soup, mixed green or caesar salad. I got the caesar with anchovies, but some of the other guys got the soup and raved about the Tomato & Gorgonzola cheese bisque.
The appetizers were AWSOME. We ordered a bunch and shared, DEFINATELY need to get the calimari with the hot cherry peppers.

I was in the mood for steak so I got the Ribeye medium-rare that was excellent smothered with mushrooms(I had asked for onios too)and served with mash potatoes(excellent) and mixed vegetables that were fresh not from a can. I have to admit I wanted to try everybody's dinner. The guys next to me got the specials that they said were delicious. For desert we had some banana cream pie and one piece was enough for 4 of us. I'm a coffee drinker and I have to say the coffee at this place was fantastic. I can't wait to go back and do work in Wallingford!

Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Everything was perfect but time to change velvet rugs The musty smell is overwhelming. Otherwise great

Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

The entire place inside and out is filthy , dirty and totally uninviting. It's hard to believe anyone would even go inside after seeing the outside. The bar food is just ok , and the entrees are totally underwhelming.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Had dinner for four. Did not like breading on fried calamari and overcooked. Otherwise I thought food was very good and service was very good as well. My "food critic" significant other stated best salmon he ever had!!!