“good stay”

Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wallingford
Reviewed October 21, 2009

this was the second time this year i can to your hotel on business. the first time in march eveything was fantastic but the most recent there was an issue . around 6:00 pm i was in the room watching the football game and i hear a very slight knock on the door i get up to see who it was and your desk clerk just walked in to my room . i went down stairs to say something and the clerk that did it said sorry but he said you always do random checks . but dont the clerks know which rooms are taken or not . the company that paid for me to stay there did hear about . i am an eceutive chef from the radisson hotel and something like this would not be tolerated , my throught was is he checking rooms for other reasons !! i hope this doent happen in the future to other customers but as i said thurston foods was informed of the issues . thanks paul macinnes - e-mail address is [--]

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden

Reviewed October 3, 2009

I rented a suite with a king bed. Spacious "living room", good kitchen complete with cookware and utensils. Comfortable bed, good breakfast, reasonable price. High speed internet, both WiFi and wired worked fine. And the windows in both rooms can be opened about six inches, which I appreciate.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2009

I was doing a surprise 13th birthday party for my daughter and had 20 kids invited! I have NEVER received such hospitality as I have from this hotel! The Front desk clerk supervisor CARMEN was amazing! I just have to brag about her!!Her shift ends at 3 pm that day and she did not leave until she made sure I was all set with the setup of the party! Then before she left she made it a point to have Brian (a front desk clerk) take over to help us with any assistance that we might have needed. (Thanks Brian you're kindness was much appreciated!!!) Carmen was kind, patient and oh so helpful! What awesome service! Then, all the kids went swimming at the indoor pool and jacuzzi it was wonderful! Housekeeping kept checking to make sure we had enough swimming towels. Words cannot express how thankful I'm to Carmen and the staff! (your the best Carmen!) The breakfast was great! Room service was great. My husband and I have been to plenty of hotels and this by far is the best experience that we have ever had!! My hat goes off you all of you! Thanks a million times! I will most definetly recomment this hotel!!! My daughter keeps on THANKING us for such a great time that she had! It was a great time for all the teens that were invited. NONE were bored! There was basketball, swimming, internet, tv's in all rooms and the best part It wasn't at my home!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Mermaid069
Homewood_Wallingford, General Manager at Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2009

Thank you so much for your rave review! I have passed your kind words on to both Carmen and Brian. We always strive to deliver a great guest experience and I’m happy to hear we exceeded your needs and expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in town!

Reviewed May 26, 2009

We usually stay at the Fairfield when we visit friends but they were full so we ended up here. It was a beautiful suite (Studio/King) and the hotel is obviously not that old so still in good shape. Very spacious with a full kitchen including dining table and chairs, cutlery and crockery, microwave, full fridge and dishwasher.
The bathroom had a loo and double cubicle shower inside and then a vanity unit outside next to the wardrobe with full length mirror doors. No bath. Very clean.
Very comfy bed and quiet location to sleep despite being just off main highway.
I used the guest laundry and paid $1.89 for powder and 'Bounce'. The machines took 25c coins and cost $1.25/$1.00 each cycle.
Nice welcoming public areas and the front desk staff were very helpful and efficient.
Breakfast staff were very friendly and there were 4 hot choices, waffles, bagels, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal and cereal but no pastries.
Overall a good experience for our first time at one of these properties but I don't consider the price worth it if you don't actually need the facilites, which we didn't, as we were visiting friends and eating out and spending minimal time at the hotel.
The shop sold microwaveable things so if you wanted to eat in it was quite convenient.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2009

We stayed in the king suite, and it was excellent. The sofa bed was extremely comfortable (much to my surprise). The staff was very accommodating and breakfast was goodl Would definitely stay here again. Restaurant suggestion: Fitrelli's. Inexpensive, delicious, and huge portions.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2009

Stayed here in February 2009 to tour college campuses in the area, and the location was perfect, right of Rte 91. While there were no restaurants, etc, within walking distance, the front desk staff had copies of maps and directions right at their fingertips for malls, stores, restaurants, etc., in the area.
Staff was friendly and helpful; lobby was immaculate; room was spacious and quiet (king suite); pool area was nice, without the overpowering chlorine smell you usually get; breakfast has something for everyone.
This was a nice stay at a very clean hotel...exactly what you expect from Homewood/Hilton brand. Would stay here again next time in the area.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed December 8, 2008

Hotel seems nice, but my first night was bit by bed bugs (3rd floor rm 310), woke up and found bed bug, placed it in glass cup and showed front desk. I was changed opposite side of 3rd floor since my initial request for a different floor were all booked.

Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank birdboyee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wallingford
Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden
Courtyard New Haven Wallingford
Fairfield Inn New Haven Wallingford
Hampton Inn Meriden - Wallingford
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Hartford Meriden
Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel

Been to Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden? Share your experiences!