Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
$124
Fairfield Inn New Haven Wallingford(Wallingford)(Great Value!)
$109
$131
$85
ComfortInn
$107
Red Roof Inn Meriden(Meriden)(Great Value!)
$59
$95
All reviewsfront deskevening receptionfull size fridgehot tubquinnipiac universityone bedroom suitebreakfast staffcomplimentary breakfast issmall kitchenhome away from homebusiness or pleasurenew havenliving areaoff the highwaypull out couchwould stay againgreat place to stay
Reviewed August 21, 2008

We have stayed at this hotel many times over the years. The rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious. The staff is friendly and very helpful and go out of their way to be of service. There is a nice indoor pool, hot tub, fitness center and a basketball court on the property. They have gas grilles out back that guests can reserve. Breakfast is ample and tasty.

The hotel is a few miles away from grocery stores, BJs, Super Wal-mart, a movie theater and many chain restaurant options. Hometown Restaurant delivers to the hotel and has wonderful pizza; their white pizza with ricotta and broccoli is to die for.

Weekend rates and AAA Rates make this place a bargain. That is why we keep returning!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I am in the hotel business, and work for a very large Hotel Management company , so I get to I travel and stay in various hotels quite often. And I have to say this is one of the nicest properties I have stayed at to date...

We stayed here for one night for a concert in the area and we cannot say one negative thing about this hotel. We had a studio suite which was was clean, spacious and quiet. The amenities were great! Although there was no tub, the shower stall was HUGE... The hotel is pretty close to many restaurants and the theatre nearby. Check-in was quick and painless and the staff are extremely polite. We will definitely be staying here every time we are in the area.

Fussy traveler from NJ!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2008

We stayed here over the Fourth of July weekend, attending a nearby family reunion. Although Wallingford is a bit out of the way, it is an option for folks seeing New England and possibly wanting a base for New Haven and Hartford, plus places in between. It is immaculately clean, as an almost new facility should be. Check-in was incredibly friendly and efficient and we didn't need any help the rest of the stay, although it was obviously there if needed, the staff being visible and accomodating. The rooms are standard mid-tier hotel, with everything from kitchen and dining utensils, to adequate bathroom and plenty of room. The breakfasts are really very good and add great value to the price. We didn't use the indoor pool, but it was excellent. There are many restaurants in nearby Wallingford, from strip-mall chains to a few upscale unique ones with a lot in between. There are family recreation areas nearby. Overall, a fine value for families or business travelers, albeit not exactly a publicized destination for most travelers.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LusaMD
Reviewed June 2, 2008

I stayed here a few years ago within weeks of it's opening - and this was my favorite Homewood Suites ever. When we planned our brief 2 night stay this time - Wallingford was a bit out of the way - but we enjoyed this place so much the first time - we wanted to go back. I wish I hadn't.

The front desk staff was very nice and helpful.

I wish I knew what room the previous reviewer was in with the great bed - 'cause this was by far the WORST bed I've ever been on. I've been a Hilton Diamond member for years ~ and stay at a lot of hotels - and I've never known a worst bed than this. It felt a lot like a sheet on a stiff cardboard box. I don't mind firm beds - but this had zero padding. My husband was sleeping on the pull out due to his snoring. By 2AM I went out and begged him to let me take the pull out and he could have the bed. He was back out a few minutes later - and we both shared the pull out for the night - talk about cramped - but it was more comfortable than the bed. In addition, the air conditioner in the bedroom was extremely loud when it would come on ~ so just when I might be lucky enough to fall asleep on the bed - I would be awakened by the roaring AC.

If not for a busy schedule on Saturday and we were checking out early on Sunday - I would have definitely checked out.

The thing is this. The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, the location is relatively convenient.... but if I can't sleep - what's the point of staying at a hotel. I seriously considered going out to the car the first night ~ if I couldn't sleep on the pull out.

I really hate to sound so negative ~ 'cause I'm not usually ~ but after two nights of little sleep - this is what happens.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank spkjones
Reviewed May 10, 2008

I stayed at the Homewood Suites Wallingford for two weeks. Everything about this hotel was absolutely perfect for me.

The rooms are very new and sparkling clean
The beds are very comfortable
The kitchens in the room are equipped with what you need to prepare simple meals
The full breakfasts are very good
There is free coffee all day
Four nights a week free light dinner and drinks
Small indoor pool and hot tub
Nice cardio room with television
Coin laundry is well maintained
Small business center with computer

The staff is professional and pleasant, always ready to help out when they can. The area is nice and close to conveniences.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple