“Great Stay! Very Enjoyable”

Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wallingford
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I was in the area on business for a few days. I really enjoyed the entire stay. The staff was amazing. Many families were there with small children and the staff placed me in a room away from the potential noise. Breakfast was great and dinner in the evening was a nice touch. Very clean and safe hotel. The only downside was the bed was not as comfortable as most Homewood Suites but the decor and staff more than made up for the small challenge. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The staff is very knowledgeable and will place you in the best room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for your honest feedback - we enjoy sharing our hotel and the Wallingford area with our guests. Glad you enjoyed your stay! Safe Travels! - Debbie Johnson, GM

Reviewed June 28, 2012

This hotel is convenient to I91 between Hartford and New Haven. They offer non-smoking as well as smoking accomodations. That concerned me as I cannot handle smoke, but they pull it off in great style. They are also a pet friendly hotel. Room was nice and clean. Good pool and exercise room. Breakfast was better quality than any other Homewood that I have stayed in and I am a Hilton Diamond traveller. I would recommend this hotel for either an extended or short stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Roger M
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thank you for your honest feedback - our central Connecticut location is convenient and with the immediate access to I-91 less than 1/4 mile away - access is easy. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and hope that you will come back soon - let us know if we can ever assist with making your stay a more pleasant one. Safe Travels! - Debbie Johnson, GM

Reviewed June 22, 2012

my family and i flew on a rd eye from phx to boston and then drove to the homewood suites. in wallinford( inlaws live). needless to say we were exhausted. upon arrival at the hotel i explained my situation, the manager stated they were sold out last night but she stated she will do her best to get us a rm. thirty minutes later we were given the keys to our rm. it was abeautiful two rm king bedrrm suite. we all immediatly took naps . the bed was very very comfortable. later that day my wife had our inlaws over to visit there were 6 of them. i went to the front desk and asked for a couple of chairs. the woman asked how many and gave us 4 extra chairs then asked if we needed more dishes and utensils and gave us those. this hotel has the best personal sevice than any hotel i ever stayed at. i am a hilton diamond member and a marriott gold member and easily stay over 150 nights a year in a hotel. i have have plenty of experience in hotel stays. i also want to note how well maintained the hotel is. everything is meticulously clean in appearance . outstanding personal service along w/ clean comfortable room can't be beat. our managers reception tonight was baked potato crusted cod was very delicious.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank louandjan
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Thank you for the positive feedback - we realize that our guests all are traveling and try our best to accomodate them. We are happy to hear that you have been able to take advatage of our M- TH complimentary dinners and hope that you enjoy breakfast as much. We are always available to assist with anything that might help your Wallingford stay be more comfortable. Safe Travels! - Debbie Johnson, GM

Reviewed June 20, 2012

The employees were all nice and helpful. We liked the pool and hot tub. Our 1-bedroom suite was nicely appointed, but certainly not the biggest I've seen. We were happy the sofa bed was already made up for us per our reservation request. One problem was I thought the 4th floor hallway smelled like cigarette smoke, but the suite did not so that was good. Unfortunately, the cleaning woman didn't get to our room until about 4:30 pm when we came back to get ready for dinner so we missed out on fresh towels and toiletries but no big deal. The location was ideal right off of I-91 so that was nice.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

Thank you for your feedback - We like to accomdate our guests so as to ensure a pleasant stay. We are glad that you were able to enjoy some of our amenities while you were here with us. - Safe Travels! Debbie Johnsoon, GM

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I have not had a reason to return to this area for a few years, but when I had a meeting in the area, I reserved a suite here again. The room was clean, the check in was quick and friendly, and everything except the internet service was flawless.

The internet would lose connectivity after about 45 minutes, and I would have to either reboot, or switch connections to get back on line. This was true with both wired and wireless service, but it was not a big issue. The front desk clerk, when informed of the problem when I checked out, was very concerned, and I am sure that the problem will be fixed shortly. They apparently just upgraded the internet service to fiber optic, and the speeds were very good.

Breakfast was good, and the person working the breakfast area made sure that everything was replenished, even a few minutes before the end of breakfast service.

I have stayed in other Homewoods, and while the are consistently good, this property is the standard that others should aim to reach.

It may be hard to find, sitting behind another hotel and a day care center, but it is well worth the effort

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thank you for your honest feedback - we are glad that you chose to come back and that we were able to meet your expectations. We enjoy sharing our hotel and our knowledge of the area with our guests. Safe Travels! - Debbie Johnson, General Manager

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I was driving semi truck to Laconia and needed to find a place to sleep. I was hoping to find something in the $70-80 range, but not in the area. I was tired and it was late. Alex was very helpful and even called some other area hotels to find a better rate for me. In the end, he ended up giving me a better rate than some surrounding hotels! Still spent a little more than I wanted, but it was worth it. Slept very well that night in a very nicely appointed suite, very clean. Bed was soooo comfy with lots of pillows. Excellent breakfast in the am with omelets, pancakes and many other items to choose from. Prepared me well for the remainder of my drive up to Laconia to deliver clothing and tents for Motorcycle week. There is no Semi parking and there is not meant to be, but I was able to maneuver onto a side street next to the hotel and park out of the way.
I would definitely stay again. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 25, 2012

King suite with two queens in the other bedroom, kitchen, living room, and two full baths. Three flat screen TVs. Nice variety of breakfast foods. Fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, muffins, juice, eggs, waffles... Nice indoor pool, small fitness center - but no one else was ever in it. Great price and very comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
DebbieJ827, General Manager at Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Thank you for your honest feedback. We agree that the two beroom suites are very spacious and great accomodations for a family. Please let us know if we can ever help make hotel arrangements for a Wallingford trip. Safe Travels! - Debbie Johnson, General Manager, Homewood Suites, Wallingford, CT

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wallingford
Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden
Courtyard New Haven Wallingford
Fairfield Inn New Haven Wallingford
Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Southington
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center

Been to Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden? Share your experiences!