“Be prepared to wait, or pay up.”

Toyota Presents Oakdale Theater
Ranked #2 of 20 things to do in Wallingford
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The show on March 7 was very good, the theater is small enough that it appeared that all the seats were good. Wish I could say the same about the outside. When we arrived was asked if I wanted the premium parking for an extra $20, we were an hour early so I said no thanks, the attendent said he would have done the same. We were then directed to the admission price parking area, think I was still in the same zip code . When we walked to the theater were told that doors would not open till 45 minutes before the show. What they did not say was that would only be to the loby, if you wanted to get to your seat it would not happen till 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the show.Guess they wanted to make sure you were properly exposed to the overpriced concession stands.
After a very enjoyable show we let the crowd go out and started to walk to our car, what nobody told us was that the premium parking areas are allowed to exit first while the other parking areas get to wait,so add the better part of an hour to get out of the parking lot.

3  Thank Patrick M

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Great concert not so great the prices for a seat was outrageous for how far up we were had to hunt down someone for assistance after dealing with a drunk person restrooms gross parking was crazy only to find out that they were asking each car if they wanted premier parking for $15

1  Thank db639
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I couldn't wait to see the tenors. however, as each tenor sang the lighting wasn't spotting him, and he was in shadow! after seeing the CPTV show from Miami, this was a sad disappointment. I had great seats but couldn't appreciate the performance....too, too bad!

1  Thank mrmartha
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have been to the Oakdale over 20 times to see concerts. There is not a bad seat in the house. Great sound system and the parking situation is not bad. They get their fare share of acts not as many as Mohegan Sun Casino, but still enough.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Went to a show recently and was really disappointed with the service at the bars and the prices they were charging. Get this, $14 for a domestic draft beer and the young kid behind the bar did not how to count change! No reason for this, just ask the 20 minute line behind me to get a drink during a 15 minute intermission.

Having second thoughts about returning to this venue when I can go to other places with better service without getting gouged and upset for missing part of the show.

1  Thank JJB99