“Not Bad”

Za-Onn Thai House
Ranked #41 of 182 Restaurants in Wallingford
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Ok I'll be the one to throw cold water on all the glowing reviews. Our party of six stopped in on a Friday night and I counted 15 diners there, including us. The service was very slow despite the small crowd.
The food was good but not the best Thai I've had. The atmosphere is a work in progress. Our table was next to a partition that was bolted to the suspended ceiling by an angle bracket. Every time I leaned against the partition it wobbled as though it was ready to fall over. Very disconcerting.
It was very inexpensive and the six of us shared several appetizers in addition to our entrees and the bill came to $35 per couple. A bargain for decent Thai food. I would give this place a month or two to work out the kinks with he service and atmosphere but Za-Onn shows a lot of potential.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is by far, the best Thai food I've had anywhere. The soups and salads are fantastic. We haven't tried any of the main dishes yet b/c we keep going back for the soups, salads, and sticky mango rice for dessert. This is a must for you to try if you like Thai food. I won't go anywhere else now...I'm spoiled!!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

My husband and I have been here twice in the short time they have been open. The food is great and we'll be going back soon and many more times.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We keep coming back to this restaurant because it is sooo good. We have dined here probably 6 times now and we have yet to taste something that is disappointing.

It is just the owner and his wife operating the little eatery, so it is like home cooking.

It is easy to pass by as the location was historically a pizza parlor and a luncheonette before that, but don't be fooled, this is a great Thai restaurant.

Prices are reasonable and it is BYOB.

1  Thank Fred C
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The food is fantastic, and inexpensive enough to tempt a weekly meal -- something we tend to do. We've especially enjoyed the BYOB feature since there is a great wine store 10 feet away. We've also enjoyed just getting take-out. I should also mention that the owners both cook and serve -- and are charming. Za-Onn is well worth the trip.

1  Thank 596StevenL63

Been to Za-Onn Thai House? Share your experiences!