“You can do better elsewhere”
Review of Plaza Azteca

Plaza Azteca
Ranked #109 of 178 Restaurants in Wallingford
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This place is highly overrated. The food is mediocre and the bartender has not a clue. Ordered an extra dry martini and the taste of vermouth was overwhelming. I sent it back and it came to my table exactly the same way. They wore me down and I gave up. The food is bland and is certainly nothing to write home about. This place was so much better when it was Applebees. We won't be back.

1  Thank Voiceover
There are newer reviews for Plaza Azteca

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I like this restaurant ... Disappointed they don't take reservations. The wait is crazy on a weekend.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I went here and we were pleasantly surprised to find pretty decent food with great customer service. Our waiter was great and the food came out really quick. The place was very clean and was decorated very nicely. The beer came out with a very chilled glass and the California fish tacos were excellent. We were very happy with the overall experience. Family owned and operated.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

New to Wallingford, this restaurant with its Aztec decor and dark atmostphere is overrated. The drinks were weak and overpriced. The portions were small for the price. The tableside guacamole preparation is good, but other than that, there was nothing special here for a mexican restaurant. Not even tamales on the menu. Extremely overpriced! There are other authentic family style mexican restaurants nearby at half the price and much better drinks! We won't be returning.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

This place is awesome. I have been here a bunch of times but it gets better every time. Service is top notch. Looks like it is done by a team not a person. My drink was low and my server was on it. I told him I was all set. A minute later the manager (I think) was helping bring out food stopped by to make sure I didn't need any more. I had a combo. It was excellent. My wife had enchiladas and lived them. If you are in the area I would recommend stopping by