“Good food with great customer service.”
Review of Plaza Azteca

Plaza Azteca
Ranked #117 of 178 Restaurants in Wallingford
Cuisines: Mexican
“Good food with great customer service.”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I went here and we were pleasantly surprised to find pretty decent food with great customer service. Our waiter was great and the food came out really quick. The place was very clean and was decorated very nicely. The beer came out with a very chilled glass and the California fish tacos were excellent. We were very happy with the overall experience. Family owned and operated.

• Visited March 2013

New Haven, Connecticut
“Expected more authenticity!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

New to Wallingford, this restaurant with its Aztec decor and dark atmostphere is overrated. The drinks were weak and overpriced. The portions were small for the price. The tableside guacamole preparation is good, but other than that, there was nothing special here for a mexican restaurant. Not even tamales on the menu. Extremely overpriced! There are other authentic family style mexican restaurants nearby at half the price and much better drinks! We won't be returning.

• Visited January 2013
“The only thing better than the food is the service”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This place is awesome. I have been here a bunch of times but it gets better every time. Service is top notch. Looks like it is done by a team not a person. My drink was low and my server was on it. I told him I was all set. A minute later the manager (I think) was helping bring out food stopped by to make sure I didn't need any more. I had a combo. It was excellent. My wife had enchiladas and lived them. If you are in the area I would recommend stopping by

Prospect, CT
“Bad Meat”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Took my parents to Plaza Azteca this evening. I have been there before and thought it was very good. Not sure what happened, but had a very bad service this evening. My father ordered a dish with steak and requested med rare. When it arrived, he was immediately displeased. It was well done. After taking 1 or 2 bites, he stopped eating. He said it tasted as though the meat was rancid. I sent it back of course. The server was very apologetic, and felt awful. Here comes the worst part, at no point did the manager approach us to apologize! We complained that the meat was rancid, and the manager didn't even stop at our table! Awful! Will NOT return!!

Visited January 2013
Rouses Point, New York
“Awesome...will return again and again.....”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The service here is fantastic. The atmosphere is comfortable and inviting. And the food is to DIE for! If you go, you MUST order the fresh guacamole as an appetizer.....even if you HATE guacamole and HAVE tried other versions before! Excellent value.

Visited January 2013