“Beautiful Experience”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Torrington, Connecticut
“Beautiful Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2007

My husband and I were in need of a getaway and The Wallingford Bed and Breakfast was a great place to go. We had a great time. They are far enough away from the main roads to be quiet but close enough to many attractions so you can fully enjoy your visit. The house was so beautiful. My husband loved the handiwork of all the wood features. We loved that we felt like the only couple there even though at breakfast we were joined with many others. We both loved the food sooooo much. Anyone with the chance to get away who would like to treat themselves or thier loved ones should definitely book some time at this very beautiful victorian bed and breakfast.

Stayed February 2007
1 Thank love06790

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
London, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2006

In dire need of a getaway, I found Wallingford Victorian B&B on the Internet, but it's the kind of place a good friend would have recommended.

While I was drawn by the stunning picture of the Gothic architecture and horsedrawn carriage at Christmastime -- though it was mid-summer when I visited! -- it was the warmth of the innkeepers and peaceful setting that touched me most.

That said, I loved the design of the house, which reminded me of a haunted manse. The innkeeper, Becky, told me a story of just such a reported incident.

That was enough to delight the kid in me, while the adult -- who dreams of something besides soggy McMuffin-type eggs and stale cereal -- pined for a delicious breakfast. That I got.

Hubby Dave was talented in the kitchen, whipping up my made-to-order eggs with cheese and red onions, which I ate in their oversized Victorian dining room on a stunning table fit for a family of 12.

I also loved touches such as the English campaigns about the fireplace in the main parlor and the specialized tile work in the main entry hall. The Royalty-themed rooms were a nice touch.

I am anxious to see if Becky's redecorated as she said she planned to do. A few more Victorian touches would have worked for me, but overall this was such a treat.

And oh yes, my stay further inspired a desire to get out of busy Manhattan and back to Connecticut. Which I soon did ...

THAT is say ing something.

• Liked — The architecture of the home, the unique design and extant woodwork, tiling and design of the fireplace
  • Disliked — the rooms needed more Victorian touches - furniture, paintings, etc. -
  • Tips/Secrets — No! If you need a quiet getaway go go go!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Tortoise19
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2004

Becky and Dave could not have been more charming, we loved their hospitality. Wallingford is a quaint town with some marvelous places to eat and visit. Lovely lamp shop with gorgeous Tiffany type fistures. Their home features some incredible stained glass windows and a lovely dining room complete with a sumptuous home made breakfast.

4 Thank gecat
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2004

Becky and Dave were wonderful. Our stay was relaxing and the whirlpool tub in the Margaret was an extra special treat. The remodeled bathroom is modern and beautiful. Breakfast in the main dining room was delicious and Becky and Dave even sat with us and we talked for over an hour.We took brochures for all of our friends and will definately book another stay.I would like to try the jucuzzi for two the next time!Bianca and Benjamin Rivera

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wallingford
Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
Courtyard New Haven Wallingford
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale
BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel
Madison Beach Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton

Been to The Wallingford Victorian Inn? Share your experiences!