“Drive In? Drive by!!!”

Dining options: Late Night
Description: Brand new restaurant, first sonic in ct, opened 7/14/10
“Drive In? Drive by!!!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

So it is fast food and we were in the mood so we drove on to Sonic. If you're reading this on the highway keep going. My comparison is to other fast food chain restaurants. Cold food no taste. Onion rings had weird flavor. My "hot fudge" Shake had no taste and tasted just like my wife's vanilla. Real ice cream? From where? $18 for burger, fries, shake x2. No taste no value.

• Visited December 2013

East Haven, Connecticut
“It's okay”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Marginally average food. Nostalgic atmosphere helps, but not enough to compensate for the food. Seemed better when visiting location down south.

• Visited October 2013
Newington, Connecticut
“Great experience”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We went with our family of four, it was nice out so we ate out on the patio area, there is no inside area to eat so if its raining you take home or eat in your car as the staff brings your food to you. Overall the food was really good and I would take it over Mc.Donalds. The order system didn't seem to work that great though, had some issues trying to pay for it. When you order you have to stand In front of a machine and state your order and put your payment through the machine. But, food was really good in my opinion. Would definitely go again...

• Visited August 2013
Chennai (Madras), India
“Super Sonic”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We enjoyed the ice cream and milk shakes with snacks at Sonic Drive-in. You can order the items sitting in the car and they serve you speedily on a roller skates. The taste was very good and ice creams were lip smacking.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Krishnamoorthy G
East Haven, Connecticut
“Not your average Sonic”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have eaten at quite a few different Sonics in Georgia and Florida, ALL of which were pretty good for fast food, never had any complaints, UNTIL I TRIED THE WALLINGFORD, CT LOCATION. I order a cheeseburger, fries and a bottled water. The wait was a little over 20 mins, the bun on the cheeseburger was cold and the meat was very hard. The french fries were cold and taste like they had been sitting under a heat lamp for a couple hours. I asked to speak to a manager and they gave me a complete new order, thankfully the second time around was better than the first.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Sonic Drive-In? Share your experiences!