“Not your average Sonic”

Description: Brand new restaurant, first sonic in ct, opened 7/14/10
East Haven, Connecticut
“Not your average Sonic”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have eaten at quite a few different Sonics in Georgia and Florida, ALL of which were pretty good for fast food, never had any complaints, UNTIL I TRIED THE WALLINGFORD, CT LOCATION. I order a cheeseburger, fries and a bottled water. The wait was a little over 20 mins, the bun on the cheeseburger was cold and the meat was very hard. The french fries were cold and taste like they had been sitting under a heat lamp for a couple hours. I asked to speak to a manager and they gave me a complete new order, thankfully the second time around was better than the first.

• Visited July 2013

“Great food fun great service”
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Always great food even though it is fastfood I had excellent friendly server food was hot and fresh priced fail and the food actually looks like the picture not just thrown together in one big mess

• Visited May 2013
New Haven, Connecticut
“Chain Drive-In”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Fun experience at first, inexpensive food and drink. The kids like it. Not on my list of a family dinner location. Drive thru at happy hour for half price drinks. It's ok for a quick beverage or ice cream.

Visited August 2012
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Typical Greasy Fast Food”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Prior to my stop at Sonic in Wallingford yesterday, my only experience was breakfast burritos at a Sonic in Arizona. The burritos were pretty good. When my daughter and I saw the sign for Sonic in Wallingford, we got off the highway to give it a try.

We ordered a double cheeseburger each and shared a small order of onion rings and a medium shake. The bill came to $14.10. We ate in the car in that there is no indoor seating at this Sonic. The burgers were the typical fast food type. The onion rings were greasy. The shake was made of something other than milk and ice cream.

When we got home and walked inside about 45 minutes later, my wife commented that she could smell the grease on us. The smell lingered in my car as well.

Sonic does have a neat car hop system for bringing the food to your car. Your kids might like watching the girl on roller skates. Other than that, Sonic is your typical greasy fast food joint.

• Visited February 2013
Meriden, Connecticut
“Cold and Uncomfortable”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Food is usually OK at Sonic, as I've eaten at many. But this is the first time I've been in one in the snow. Sorry, but why would anyone want to eat smelly food in a car in February? Not enough room, wondering where to put the garbage, and smelling hot dog for two days after... No more for me!

• Visited February 2013

Been to Sonic Drive-In? Share your experiences!