“All around great”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating
Hartford, Connecticut
“All around great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

We like to go here all the time. Food and service are great and the beer and irish whiskey selection is the best around.

The customers here are for the most part, an older crowd compared to the college bars up the street. This is the kind of place you can leave you wallet on the table, leave, and it will still be there when u get back. The owner is a tough off the boat irish-man who doesnt stand for any ignorant behavior.
-Dont get the wrong impression from that comment, he is a great guy and always has a one liner to make you laugh.

Great music, including Hilton Valentine from the Animals with his band Skiffle Dog. Lots of traditional irish tunes from local musicians as well.

Darts are big here, so dont be surprised to see them flying around most nights.

• Visited January 2012

Connecticut
“Great Pub with a nice selection of beer and food - Good Craic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

We like going to the Old Dublin (and even went there when it was Kenny's).

The atmosphere is warm and inviting. The bar and wait staff are always friendly.

They offer a large selection of micro-brew beers on tap. They include Rogue, Bluepoint, and Long Trail in addition to Guinness and Bass Ale.

For food, they have a nice selection of Irish type meals. I like the corned beef colcannon and the beef stew.

They have live music on Thursdays and Saturdays.

An English friend of mine was in town on business and asked if there were any good pubs in the area. I brought him to the Old Dublin and he really enjoyed it.

• Visited December 2011
“Great Beer Selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2011

Went here before a Dave Matthews show. Sat on an old ratty couch and drank a great seasonal IPA beer. Felt like I was in my fraternity. Didn't try food but all in my party enjoyed themselves.

“As good as it gets (Irish style)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

I always like going the the ""Dublin" because of the good food and ever changing selections of micro-brews on tap (must be 15-20 choices). They have Irish stand-by's like Shepard's pie, Banger's and rasher's, etc. but I like the burgers and hand cut fries. They are always cooked as I asked and taste great.

Have had their daily specials recently and you can't go wrong there. All in all, a great place to eat and drink with the occasional live music (irish and others) to listen to.
Thanks,
JJB

• Visited September 2011
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Don't go to the Old Dublin”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

I'm all about supporting local businesses and Irish pubs but it is difficult for me to support this business. After accidentally knocking over and breaking a glass on their outdoor patio an indoor waitress questioned us on why we did not notify the workers. After apologizing for the broken glass and admitting our mistake the waitress grilled us, saying we should have walked inside to notify the staff. She proceeded to be rude and kicked us out of the bar. She had not even serviced us before this incident. After I paid my tab inside, offered to pay the tab for my friend who had skipped out on paying, she threatened to call the police. If you want to have a good time in Wallingford DONT GO TO THE OLD DUBLIN!

• Visited September 2011