“Great Pub with a nice selection of beer and food - Good Craic”
Review of The Old Dublin - CLOSED

The Old Dublin
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed December 17, 2011

We like going to the Old Dublin (and even went there when it was Kenny's).

The atmosphere is warm and inviting. The bar and wait staff are always friendly.

They offer a large selection of micro-brew beers on tap. They include Rogue, Bluepoint, and Long Trail in addition to Guinness and Bass Ale.

For food, they have a nice selection of Irish type meals. I like the corned beef colcannon and the beef stew.

They have live music on Thursdays and Saturdays.

An English friend of mine was in town on business and asked if there were any good pubs in the area. I brought him to the Old Dublin and he really enjoyed it.

There are newer reviews for The Old Dublin

Reviewed November 24, 2011

Went here before a Dave Matthews show. Sat on an old ratty couch and drank a great seasonal IPA beer. Felt like I was in my fraternity. Didn't try food but all in my party enjoyed themselves.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I always like going the the ""Dublin" because of the good food and ever changing selections of micro-brews on tap (must be 15-20 choices). They have Irish stand-by's like Shepard's pie, Banger's and rasher's, etc. but I like the burgers and hand cut fries. They are always cooked as I asked and taste great.

Have had their daily specials recently and you can't go wrong there. All in all, a great place to eat and drink with the occasional live music (irish and others) to listen to.
Thanks,
JJB

Reviewed September 30, 2011

I'm all about supporting local businesses and Irish pubs but it is difficult for me to support this business. After accidentally knocking over and breaking a glass on their outdoor patio an indoor waitress questioned us on why we did not notify the workers. After apologizing for the broken glass and admitting our mistake the waitress grilled us, saying we should have walked inside to notify the staff. She proceeded to be rude and kicked us out of the bar. She had not even serviced us before this incident. After I paid my tab inside, offered to pay the tab for my friend who had skipped out on paying, she threatened to call the police. If you want to have a good time in Wallingford DONT GO TO THE OLD DUBLIN!

Reviewed October 30, 2010

We live in Wallyworld and have been going to the OD for years. We've always thought of it as a local gem. But over the past 2 years we've seen a drop in service and more drunks. For example, go in, have a seat, and wait for 20 or more mintues. Even if it's not busy. Either we get seated and see no service; get seated, order drinks, and never get to order; or get lucky and get drinks and foods in a reasonable time.

The menu is great and the owner's wife has done a great job diversifying the menu. We especially like the soups and stews. The tap selection is also very good. Maybe too good because we've never heard so many f-words in pub, bar, or restaurant.

Used to always recommend this place at work and in the community but now not saying a word. So it's hit or miss--4 of the last 7 visits we've left after 15-20 minutes because of lack of service. Hate to say it but in this economy going to a chain or a pub in another town is the better value.

1  Thank jlabonte