“Wonderful birthday dinner!”
Review of Tap & Vine

Tap & Vine
Ranked #10 of 187 Restaurants in Wallingford
Reviewed July 10, 2018 via mobile

Went to Tap & Vine to celebrate our daughter’s birthday...my husband and son-in-law had never been here before. We sat out on the patio with our family and 14 week old granddaughter. Our server was Erica and she was fantastic. Drinks were delicious and food was delicious.....appetizers are amazing and different from the usual fare. Will definitely be going back again ‘

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 28, 2018

The place has a pleasant ambiance and feel. The staff was pleasant. I'd consider going back to taste the food, but I'd give myself way more time and I'd triple ask the waitress if the kitchen would be able to deliver the food in a reasonable time. Our table of 4 was at restaurant for an hour and 25 minutes and received drinks but NO food! That's a first for me and I'v been to a few restaurants in my 55 years. I acknowledge the place filled-up shortly after we arrived most likely due to the Ray LaMontagne concert at a nearby venue. But there was NO COMMUNICATION that kitchen would have issue getting our food out and/or that staff was overwhelmed due to crowd. I would have appreciated a heads-up so that our table could have made a decision on what to do something. Communication from the staff was sub-par. And given our nice seats tucked-away in a back corner, I didn't realize how packed the place and its outdoor seating was. If I had, I would have start asking for food much sooner.

We arrived at 5:50 for a 6 reservation. At 6:20 I sought out maitre-d and let him know no one had taken our order and that we were trying to make concert at 7:30. Few minutes later a pleasant waitress came by and took our order. Given time constraints and after consulting waitress, our table of 4 choose hamburgs and sandwiches, which would take less time than other meals to prepare. I informed the waitress that we were trying to make the 7:30 concert at nearby venue. By 7:08 our food had not arrived. I informed Maitre de that we would have to leave by 7:15 if our food didn't arrive. Shortly after 7:15 we left. On our way out, Maitre-d let me know that the food had gone on the grill.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

We had great service, a very pleasant table on the outdoor patio, and the food was good and reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend it for a casual summer dinner.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 1, 2018 via mobile

The brussel sprouts and hush puppies were so good and so different than you’d find anywhere else. I can’t wait to go back and try the steak and cheese egg rolls and the chicken rice bowl.
The menu is well thought out and the food quality is amazing.
The host was very nice and seated us right away.

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank mltoigo
Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

We had Brussel sprouts and philly cheese steak egg rolls. Went on a Thursday night, pretty busy. We will be back again. Loved those brussel sprouts.

Date of visit: February 2018