“Long wait for food (on weekends)”
Review of Vernon Diner

Vernon Diner
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Newton, MA
“Long wait for food (on weekends)”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

My husband & I just left the Vernon Diner where we had lunch consisting of 2 sandwiches & an order of fries. We did not order anything special or fancy. The server came over immediately & took our order & brought our drinks right away. Then we waited approx 40 minutes until our food arrived! We have been to many diners including Vernon, & it is ridiculous to have to wait this long. We asked our server what was taking so long & he just said that they were busy.
Upon leaving, I spoke to the manager? or someone at the cashier station & explained the situation & suggested that if it's going to take 40+ minutes to get 2 sandwiches, that perhaps the server should mention this when he takes the order. I was told rather curtly by the "manager" that "we're busy on the weekends" & "sorry". Well, if they know they're that busy, then warn your customers that are used to the speediness of "diner dining" of possible delays. I will not be frequenting Vernon Diner again- I will take my business where management understands the business model of the diner experience.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank bigstella

Somerville, Massachusetts
“That's not a panini”
Reviewed June 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I ordered a panini but didn't get one, instead I got something that looked like a panini. It's a busy place, popular for locals (it seems) and has a large and diverse menu, but it's not a panini. The sandiwch was assembled after the toasted bread was made, being a cook myself, it was obvious. That said, the portions were generous and the value for money was good, but....it wasn't a panini.

Visited May 2014
Oxford, Massachusetts, United States
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We visited the Vernon Diner after a long day of dance competition. I had the lobster ravioli, my daughter had pasta and meatballs and my husband had a burger. The food came hot and fast. The service was wonderful.

• Visited April 2014
New York City, New York
“Great diner food”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Ordered the chicken matzah ball soup. It had chicken, noodles and a big matzah ball. Delicious! Then had a grilled Swiss cheese with tomato on wheat. Also delicious. Great diner and great service.

great neck
“Manager of Vernon Diner Next Door”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Does the Days Inn own the Vernon Diner? If you do, you should fire the manager, a petite blond with Fair skin? Our family came in to eat the lunch and got in our order in plenty of time to order our fix priced lunch before the 4 pm cut off point. Do you know the manager told her waitress to make us pay the dinner price amount? Needless to say, we needed to report this manager and warn other customers about her. Not only did she do something illegal, but she was foolish. We naturally walked out of the diner after such treatment and the Vernon Diner just lost a lot of money.
Due to the manager's actions, the Vernon Diner just lost their reputation. Didn't the manager know customers are too savvy today to let such an underhanded action go?

1 Thank realtor