“elmos dockside”
Review of Elmo's Dockside

Elmo's Dockside
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hebron, Connecticut
“elmos dockside”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

went with a party of 14 for dads 80th..... made reservations a few days before.... nice seating in the back private room... had the pork chops, best ive ever eaten. great appatizers bruchetta, fried mozz., stuffed shrooms... all very good.. the salmon got rave revirws from the folks who had it. will definitly be back... a top notch operation.. and the homemade taramisu is the bomb..so good

• Visited April 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Catch!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I come here for dinner all the time. When you drive by Elmo's, the outside looks like a dock and this nautical theme continues inside. The menu is very extensive, ranging from standard New England seafood fare to pastas, steaks, and salads. The food is high quality and always very fresh. The prices are a little high for the area, but most dinner entrees come with a soup or salad. I almost always get the clam chowder; it's the best I've ever had (and I've had chowder in Boston, on the Cape, etc.). There's big chunks of clam and potatoes, and it's not over-salted. The owner has told us that they make everything from scratch, including the bases of their soups, so this explains why the chowder is so good! You really can't go wrong with any of the entrees. They often have a blackened red snapper special which I love, it's just spicy enough but it doesn't overpower the fish. Also, the pork chops are life-changing! You wouldn't expect this from a seafood restaurant, but they are delicious and juicy (not your typical pork chop). When I asked the owner what their secret was, he said he gets heirloom pork that isn't sold at grocery stores. The service is always good, as many of the waitresses have worked there for years so they know the menu well and always know the answer to my questions. Definitely give Elmo's a try!

• Visited March 2013
Orange City, Florida
“Don't bother”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

To me, New England and excellent local seafood go hand in hand, but this place: barely average, and far below New England standards. Fried whole bellied clams: average in number; very small or very big and VERY chewy. All this for $33! Grilled scallops were very good, but 8 scallops for $28? That means $3/scallop. New England clam chowder had lots of potatoes and very few clams. French fried sweet potatoes were not crispy. But we did eat early and got a parking space right outside the entrance.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank rb2424
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great food and service, just a tad bit pricey”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

First visit to Elmo's and found decor to be very nautical. Restaurant was exceptionally clean, my wife even commented on how clean it was and even how clear the windows were. Food was very good, nice large salad and fried shrimp I had was some of the biggest fresh shrimp I've seen in a restaurant. My wife had the chicken saltambocca, good size portion and while it was not the best she's every had, it was very good. One nice option for a side was the twice baked potato, which you don't see everywhere. Desert selection was good, not made there, but Italian cream cake was excellent. Service was excellent, server was very attentive and other staff made sure we had water and refills on non-alcoholic beverages. I thought some of the menu items were a little pricey (fried shrimp was $22.00) compared to similar restaurants, but the meal was excellent and I'm sure we will be back.

• Visited April 2012
Manchester, Connecticut, United States
“Just OK”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

My fiance and I went here earlier this week, and even though I've lived nearby for 9 years, it was the first time I'd been.

The food was what I would call "all right." It didn't blow me away, but it wasn't inedible, either. I ordered the New England clam chowder to start, which was hot and tasted fresh, but it was a little too salty. My fiance got the lobster bisque, which he said was lukewarm and flavorless.

For dinner, I ordered the Po' Boy sandwich, which was fried oysters on a roll. I should have asked for no lettuce - it was shredded, soggy, and barely green. The oysters were tender and tasty, but the bread was soft and shapeless, no crunch to this crust, which was a disappointment. I had the sweet potato fries - there were 5 of them, total, and they were crusted with brown sugar, which was too sweet. My fiance got the baked seafood platter. He said that it was passable, but he wasn't overly impressed.

The service was okay. Our waitress was nice enough, but I was wanting more water and when I was, she just wasn't around.

Overall, if it was cheaper, it would be worth going back, but it was pretty expensive for food that was just average.

• Visited March 2012