“Wonderful time at The Residence Maldives” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Residence Maldives

The Residence Maldives
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Falhumaafushi
Singapore
“Wonderful time at The Residence Maldives”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Went to the Maldives with my wife for her birthday. We stayed at The Residence which had recently opened. The resort was beautiful and the staff very friendly. We chose a water villa with pool and it was super relaxing staring out to the ocean from our villa. Food was great at all the restaurants. Especially enjoyed going to the beach bar after dinner to unwind with a cocktail. We visited the Spa and had a couple massage which was one of the best I have ever had. I fell asleep and apparently snored quite loud which I swear never happens! Testament to how relaxed I must have been! We got up at dawn to enjoy the sunset yoga session offered complimentary to guests. I look forward to my next visit to The Residence in Maldives.

Room Tip: If you like to snorkel get a water villa near the atoll. If you like to be close to the restaraunt a...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thomas B, General Manager at The Residence Maldives, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear PierreOP,
Warm greetings from The Residence!
It is great to read that you had such a memorable stay with us for your wife's birthday and I thank you for taking the time to share it here on Trip Advisor.
I have shared your comments with the Team, especially Luciano our Spa Manager, who was delighted to read about your relaxing experience!
We look forward very much forward to welcoming you back to your new Residence in the Maldives in the near future.
Kind regards,
Thomas Barguil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

The excellent vacation ever!!!! We had wonderful holidays, the hotel was very nice , our villa facing the sunset was very spacious , elegantly furbished. We loved the butler , very attentive to our needs. Great food and very nice and friendly service.

Room Tip: Sunset view villas are really nice!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CoCo_Parisien
Thomas B, General Manager at The Residence Maldives, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Cher CoCo_Parisien,

Thank you very much for the great feedback you have posted on Trip-Advisor!

We were all delighted to have you with us and your feedback has been shared with the whole team. Thank you as well for your comment about our Butler and the restaurant

The Residence Maldives and our Atoll are places that have a lot to offer and we are very proud that you truly enjoyed your stay!

All of us are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Residence Maldives in the near future.

With Warm Regards,

Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have dived almost everywhere in the world and believe me the dive spots here are simply the best!!!!
The sealife is in abudance and the corals are in fantastic condition. I was told that most of the dive sites here are still virgins.
On one of the dives i saw everything....The white tip sharks, mantra rays, eagle rays, huge yellow fin tuna, turtles, eels etc etc.
At one point i did not know which direction to look and where to follow.....
Man and this was not just it....on the way back on the boat we were being followed by a school of "SPINNER DOLPHINS". WOW! it just could not have got any better.

Apart from the diving, the dining experience is excellent in the resort. I had a great time hogging on all the goodies they make here in the restaurant.
The wait staff as mentioned on a lot of other reviews is just excellent!!! I will like to thank Kobid, Hafiz, Kartik, Loli, Shazly, Gagan.....all of them were just excellent. Thank you!
Falhumaa specially is a very very good restaurant. You can take that restaurant out of the Maldives and put it anywhere in europe or America and the restaurant will stand out.
Good value for money wines are available at a very fair price.

Rooms are very confortable and are maintained very well. I did try to make some mess in the room but everytime i came back it was spotless again.

Clarins Spa was very nice. I had only one massage but i was transported to Heaven, as the name rightly said...

Overall, I had an amazing holiday.....The highlight ofcourse was THe DIVE!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank travelleroady
Thomas B, General Manager at The Residence Maldives, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Travelleroady,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your wonderful experience, it was a pleasure having you as guest of The Residence Maldives.

I am very pleased to read that you have had a wonderful stay with us, and experienced some great dives. I do thank you for your positive feedback on our resort and services.

I reiterate my sincerest thanks for your trust in The Residence Maldives and look forward to welcoming you again in a near future.

With warm regards,

Fuzhou, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Ideally located from the Kodhoo airport with only 10 mnts comfortable speed boat journey. Even though the airport has much to be desired of...

Arrival experience was fantastic and prompt check-in with a delicious welcome drink.

Rooms are very luxurious and spacious, especially enjoyed the pool a lot. Always kept neat and tidy and every evening you treat yourself to small little cookies!

Dining facilities are excellent, especially the wait staff. Always prompt and willing to do whatever it takes to make you happy.

Had some great meals at the Falhumma restaurant, which is highly recommended. The food, the service, the legend....it has all ingredients to make a special evening.

Beach bar is a cool place to unwind and spin on a few delicious cocktails. By the way i loved the music selection playing at the bar.

Buggy transport has been an issue, as a lot of other reviews have stated. But honestly i never saw even one buggy standing idle, they were always on a move. I think the management needs to consider getting a few more to cope up with the number of requests.

Spa by Clarins was amazing, had a great experience and will recommend it highly.

Be aware that the beach on the north side of the island has a lot of rocks and strong current.

Me not being a water sport person, did not use it much....

I had a very nice and a relaxing honeymoon, would highly recommend the resort!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jaanuxi
Thomas B, General Manager at The Residence Maldives, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Jaanuxi,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your wonderful experience, it was a pleasure having you as guest of The Residence Maldives for your honeymoon.

I am very pleased to read that you have had a wonderful stay with us, and I do thank you for your positive feedback on our resort and services.

moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

It was our frst tym in maldives and i think it coudnt have been better. it was truely a magnificent stay, long enough to fully njy and decide that it is a plc to go back to whenver it's possible again and again !!!!
If i talk about the rooms and especially the VILLAS they r just too gud...cnt ask for better , lovely sun beck, coffe maker, mespresso and also loved the spcl feature f i -phone doking station icing on da cake was da service provided by t lovely staf ova thr.....da smiling faces nd the overwhemingggg warmth shown by ech nd every staff member startng frm reception to da persn who cleaned our room... v njyed holding hands and walking on da sandy pathways plus da club car rides made as feel as if v wer actually a celebrity. the best instance to quote was vn da club car driver just jumped out f da car to put da covers on as soon as it statred raining...wch is a very good gesture to witness the guest care.
we fell in luv once agn and is was like a movie and thy made us fell lik da stars. truely amzing gesture and special mention to da reservation dept for arranging our transfers as soon as we landed in male.....n hw can we forget to mention da delicious crab cakes yummmieeee... hope to c ya guys once agn....our stay ws typical residence style..........

1 Thank elenadcruse
Dear Elenadcruse,

I thank you for your very positive feedback about your stay at The Residence Maldives and appreciate you taking the time and posting your observations on "Trip Advisor".

We are very pleased to read that you have had a wonderful stay and have enjoyed our services.

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Very spacious, comforable room, so I slept very well.
Restaurant food quality is good, especially the Falhuma

During my stay the room snorkeling did not see the fish was very disappointed, another butler phone many times can not get through!
Each waiting for golf car to restaurant is also a long time.
Women staff at the dive center, poor attitude, to see if she should Europeans

• 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank mimi_smile
Dear mimi_smile,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Residence Maldives, it was a pleasure having you with us.

I am very pleased to note that you enjoyed your Water Villa, and Cuisine and Services of both our Restaurants.

I was also truly sorry to learn that some issues you have kindly highlighted have affected your impression of our Hotel.

Please rest assured that I have briefed my team and that immediate corrective measures have been taken in order to provide “The Residence” experience which we are renowned for.

I look forward to welcoming you in the near future,

With warm regards,

Nice, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Our travel agent recommended The Residence as a new hotel located in a virgin part of the Maldives.
We were not disappointed. Fantastic service, attentive, personalized, and genuily warm -
The food was truely amazing, as we were staying for 11 nights, we were proposed to have some dishes which were not even on the menu and were never bored with the selection.
The movie nights with their BBQ under the stars is also a must...At the beach bar, try the mojitos with their selection of tapas!
The Faluma, their gastronomic restaurant is also not to be missed, set directly on the top of the outer reef, almost above the waves.
We had a water pool villa, very spatious and elegantly furnished
As a diver, I was amazed by the variety of diving sites and their beautiful house reef. I went diving 4 times, only wished I could have gone more often...
The Spa - they have Clarins brand - is located on the lagon, with a direct view of the outer reef - energizing together with very relaxing massage.
Thank you to all for making our stay a memorable experience!

2 Thank Tombobee
Thomas B, General Manager at The Residence Maldives, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I thank you for your positive feedback on our services and appreciate you taking the time and posting your observations on "Trip Advisor".

We are very pleased to read that you have had a wonderful stay. We reiterate our sincerest thanks for your trust in The Residence Maldives and look forward to welcoming you in a not too distant future.

Thomas Barguil
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falhumaafushi
Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resort
Outrigger Konotta Maldives Resor...
#3 of 3 in South Huvadhoo (Gaafu Dhaalu) Atoll
#1 of 1 in Villingili
Jumeirah Dhevanafushi
Jumeirah Dhevanafushi
#1 of 1 in Meradhoo Island

Been to The Residence Maldives? Share your experiences!