Holiday Inn Express Vernon-Manchester
Courtyard
$109
Fairfield Inn
$143
All reviewsstayed hereroom was cleanindoor poollight sleeperwill stay there againbudget priceshopping mallomeleteasy accessvery nice stayno surprisesbreakfast optionsconvenient locationcthighwaypillowscampus
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed for a night on business, and while this is not a terrible hotel, it simply does not measure up to newer buildings, and most Holiday Inn Express' I have stayed at over the years.

There are some good points like ample parking, friendly staff, great shower pressure and hot water, fridge in the room and a large, functional bathroom; wifi was decent as well. However, the negatives out weigh these positive, including:

-dated, dingy feel, in the hallways; worn out carpets, no natural light, etc.
-small room; so small, when working at the desk the back of the chair was up against the bed
-small window in the room, allowing in very little natural light; inadequate lighting
-worn out beds; both had a significant angle in towards the night stand (the side most people sleep)
-any sound of doors closing in the hallway came right into the room
-limited television channels, and most with a "snowy" picture
-while the room appeared relatively clean, and despite the flat screen tv, there was a dated, dingy feel

All in all, for $ 100+ per night, I won't be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank ToSquareBob1
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

The best feature of this hotel is the front desk staff! They go out of their way to assist the guest. The restaurant next door is not only convenient but very affordable & delicious food!

Just have your GPS on to find the hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank RevJacob
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Stayed a night while in town for business. I called the day before my check in to see if I could check in early. Staff (Mike) was friendly and accomodating. Checked in and the room was ready and clean. Stayed on the 1st floor with no issues. Normally I don't like ground floor, but the landscaping blocking easy access to window was nice. Felt safe. My only issue was the shower head was low for me. Being 6ft tall, this is common issue, :(. The fresh HOT pancakes more than made up for the low shower head. The staff at the front desk and working breakfast were warm friendly and helpful. THANKS!! Would recommend this to a friend.
Bonus, Rita's Ice next building over!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Amanda C
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I stay more than 100 nights a year in HI properties around the country, and while this location is safe and in a beautiful place in CT, the property itself is just plain worn out. It is very apparent that they are trying to resuscitate a very old property. I can forgive the carpet stains in the dingy hallway, and the cramped breakfast area, and can forgive the very poor shower inserts that make it about impossible to place items anywhere. I can even forgive the aging exercise room as I have a national membership at a nearby gym chain. But I can't forgive the fact that, despite the non-smoking rooms on the first floor, the hallway walls and stained carpets positively reek of smoke. In fact, it was so apparent that the odor seeped through my door and I had to turn on the bathroom fan to suck the odor out of the room. Apparently, this hotel used to cater to smokers, but the carpet and walls in the hallway were never cleaned or replaced when it switched over. Definitely a detractor to staying here and not up to normal HI standards. On the plus side, staff appeared friendly and the room was clean, but as a business traveler and frequent HI guest, I expect better.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Code3pro
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vernon-Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2012

Dear Code3pro,

We are glad to read feedback from one of our valued guests. We strive to provide quality service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read our staff and the cleanliness of our rooms exceeded your expectations. I apologize for the unusual conditions of the carpet and walls in the hallway. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will address this points to continually improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

Thank you for your loyalty and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed here in May 2012 for a Quinnipiac graduation, and my family had a very comfortable experience. The front desk people are friendly and accommodating, the beds are like new and super-comfy, the linens were fresh, and I did not experience any noise coming from our hallway.

Connecticut Golfland is just down the street, and my family and I had a wonderful time there during the Sunday night we stayed!

I have a five-year-old, and the high bathroom counter sink was accessible to her because there was a functional and very attractive wooden cabinet underneath it which doubled as a step stool for her. This proved VERY convenient for me when it was time to help her with her nighttime routine because she could do it on her own, leaving me free to rest from the full day's hectic activities. These shelves contained extra toilet paper, fresh towels, and glasses. I have stayed in much more expensive hotels that did not have a very nice hair dryer, but this place did, and I loved using it.

I am an avid recycler, and the front desk was willing to collect my plastics and glass for recycling. This hotel was a bargain at $125 a night because everything appeared clean, fresh, and new in the lobby and in our room. The family really enjoyed watching the very nice high definition flat-screen tv. There was also a perfect mini-refrigerator in the room which came in handy because we purchased all of our beverages and kept them cool. This is the hotel I will stay at again and again in this area.

Room Tip: I liked the security of a room overlooking our car in the parking lot plus the nearby town.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family