“disappointed”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was excited to finally get a chance to try the new-ish Japanese restaurant that opened in town. The decor is decent, but that is where my appreciation stops. We were seated immediately and offered drinks which was good. It would have been great had we gotten what we ordered, there were only 3 of us so it should have been easy.

When they took our dinner order we hoped it would go better. The dinner orders were correct. The problem is that they served one plate, then about five minutes later another came, then mine was the last plate served, about 10 minutes after the first plate. So, by the time I got my meal, which was not particularly hot, the others at the table were already well into their meals.

The food itself was full of grease. My husband complained because he felt "coated" with oil. I couldn't argue. My fried rice was soaked in it. My son had the sushi, and was not terribly impressed.

We don't generally look at the prices on the menu because we are foodies, and we know that good food can cost a bit. The bill for three of us, including one beer, one glass of wine, and a soda with our meals was about $100. If the food had been great, the service superb, and had the drink order been correct originally, I might not have blinked at the price. However, with all of the problems it seemed astronomic.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Went here for the first time for my daughters 18th birthday along with family and a 2 year old it was a great experience and we will return for the great food and awesome service

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We decided to go and try OKI in Vernon, CT. By the looks of it from the outside, not too fancy. But looks are deceiving! When we got inside, we were promptly greeted by a waitress and she sat us at our Hibatchi table. Our 2 boys have been to plenty of Hibatchi dinner shows but they were amazed by this one!. The chef was funny and new with tricks. The waitress gave us a sample of the the Thai chicken on a stick (which is to die for) and our Hibatchi meal was great. The steak was prepared correctly and wasn't dry at all. The seasoning was perfect and there was not an over abundance of soy sauce used. The rice was fresh and the Miso soup was some of the best I have ever tried.
I will be returning to try there multi-Asian cuisine and look forward to another great experience

1  Thank Frank L

Been to Oki Asian Bistro? Share your experiences!