“Good BBQ and beer options”

Little Mark's Big BBQ
Ranked #9 of 31 Restaurants in Vernon
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Went to Little Mark's for the second time this Memorial Day weekend. My husband and I both ordered the maple cheddar pulled pork. I got mine on the plate, my husband got his on the bread. We both really enjoyed it. The pulled pork has a smoky maple flavor but isn't drenched in sauce. There are two different delicious sauces on the table to add to the pork if you like. He chose the hotter one and I chose the sweeter one. Both are great. The sides were also good. I got the dirty rice and it had a nice kick. He got the mashed potatoes which were also tasty. They also have a great beer and beverage selection.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have eaten here maybe a dozen times over the last 20 years and it is very consistent. The menu has changed very little with most items fairly priced. Waitstaff is friendly, the food is a little above average but not outstanding. Tumbleweeds (Onion rings) are the best, beef brisket is a little on the dry tough side, pulled pork so-so, but pork ribs are very good. You can have a good meal and not overpay.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have been a faithful customer here for about 4 years now. I have tried several various BBQ joints in the area this place is hands down the best tasting option you will find. Not to mention, the staff is excellent, knowledgeable and very friendly.

So many tasty options! There is nothing here that I haven't been happy with. From the amazingly prepared tender Burnt Ends to the Texas Nachos, the Maple-Bacon syrup covered corn cakes to the bacon brownie, from the Cajun Burger to the 50/50 Burger (half bacon/half beef) the menu never disappoints.

They have at least 3 different sauces you can flood your food with - my personal favorites are the sweet and the "Oh Shoot!" sauces. If you are lucky and get towards the bottom of the barrel the "Oh Shoot" it is unbelievably good - I love when there is heat and flavor in my BBQ and this brings it.

As you can probably guess I've sampled many items from this menu - for sandwiches I would go with the Little Mark's Club. Bacon, ham, pulled pork & brisket topped with lettuce and tomato - this is a huge, satisfying sandwich!

I've never tried it but I've been told their Mac n Cheese is out of this world. I prefer the Cajun seasoned french fries for my side.

Do try the cornbread!

Don't waste your time and money on chain restaurants... If you like BBQ or good tasty southern food you will like Little Marks!

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Been here a few times. And my family and I love bbq. The food is delicious. And they give you large portions. Love the ribs and coleslaw. The waitstaff is friendly. Will def return

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This place is ok for BBQ if you don't have time to look for a better place. Sometimes the food can be very good but it also can be spotty. We like the alligator appetizers as we spend 3 years in Lafayette, Louisiana and it reminded us of there.