“Not The Best But Certainly Not The Worst”

Motel 6 Hartford / Vernon
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Vernon
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Not The Best But Certainly Not The Worst”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

An emergency family visit on a tight budget found me booking this hotel at the last minute. I had to stay for 11 days and if it weren't for the convenience of the location, I think I would have been unhappy. Poorly maintained parking lot, poorly maintained pool patio area, smell of cigarettes in the hallway and a pretty bad internet service were the bad things. The room was clean (although the wall had a hole punched in it and the wallpaper was coming off in the corner), bed extremely firm for a bad back, fridge, microwave and a nice pool were the pluses. .This place could be really nice if some decorating and air freshening improvements were made. The staff at the desk were all friendly and helpful. Housekeeping had to be nudged to clean my room once and for more towels another time. The bathroom was very clean and bleached!! I hope it improves for future visits to the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank babzee11131960

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed for the Memorial Day weekend at this motel (which is actually a hotel). I was there with my family including my dog. It was perfect for us. Reading some of the other reviews, I want to note that this is a PET FRIENDLY establishment. I have stayed in a number of them over the years and you are not going to get a Ritz Carlton. But it was a good basic place to stay. The room was clean with the exception of the carpet which was dirty. The bed linens were clean and the beds were comfortable to sleep in. The front desk was friendly and helpful. A huge plus to staying here with your pet is that they do not charge anything additional for them to stay. That is rare. Most places charge an additional sanitation fee for each pet for each day. You can pay $75.00 or more per day per pet. So, in all fairness, I think some of these reviews are a little rough on the place. $69.00 isn't going to get you a Marriott.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Rooms are run down and smell.
Dirt in the corners and dirt on the walls. My bathtub floor was spongy soft and gross. Stayed 2 nites and when I arrived back at my room at 6 it was not cleaned. Front desk person was rude and in helpful. Said she would bring towels and she never did. Total dump with horrible customer service.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Oooooop

Travelers are raving about these Vernon hotels

Holyoke, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 27, 2012

this was once a quality inn & was in better condition but no longer! This hotel is running down & service was a joke! The rooms do feature a microvave n fridge which is a bonus but the hallways smell funny as do the bathrooms

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank past0rJ
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I work with a group of 10 people that travel and stay in hotel rooms all the time. From the min we walked into the hotel it seemed very run down and dirty. So as we all checked into our rooms i immediately check for bed bugs and things like that in the room. My room # 155, seemed ok at first, as i started to look through the bed i noticed a little bug on my pillow. Kind of looked like a tick. I showed one of my co-workers and they though it was a tick as well. So we killed it and flushed it down the sink and moved on. After inspecting my room some more everything seemed ok. So i walked over to another co-workers room and helped them inspect their room. When i went to check their bed i noticed the same bug i had just found in my room on the pillow. So we decided to google bed bugs, and what do u know, it was an adult bed bug. So i picked up the pillow with the bed bug on it and showed the lady at the front desk. she immediately got out a big garbage bag and put the pillow along with the bug in it and told me it was a bed bug. She was extremely nice and obvs refunded all of our rooms and we got the heck out of there as quick as possible. The lady at the front desk then stated "if they don't get this whole place exterminated, i am quitting, i have kids at home and i don't want to take the bugs back to my house. Those bugs will ruin ur life" So to anyone thinking of staying at the motel 6 in Vernon CT STAY THE HECK AWAY. Pay the extra 10 dollars a night and go to another hotel. We went to the Baymont Inn and Suites down the rd and had a great CLEAN experience.

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank NReed56956
Smithfield, Rhode Island
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This place needs a renovation. Would not want my dog to stay here. Booked 2 nights and only stayed for 1 because of the smell in the room. I wish I would have read the reviews on this Motel before we booked it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ginger0219
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for one night to break-up a long drive. The location is fine, near I84, good food options nearby. The room needs an upgrade. Bed and pillows were acceptable. Carpet was stained, bathroom ceiling had water stains, and it's dark. I usually get a better quality room at Motel 6. I will not stay here again unless the owner fixes it up.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank MarcNewYork37
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Red Roof Inn Hartford - Vernon
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Americas Best Value Inn - Manchester
Residence Inn Hartford Manchester

Been to Motel 6 Hartford / Vernon? Share your experiences!