“Favorite Restaurant”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I live nearby, and this is my favorite restaurant. The quality of the food is excellent and the service is superb.The menu has very good description of the food, and so it is easy to make choices. The booths are a bit different in that you have a sense of privacy. They also have lunch boxes for taking out at noontime.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I've always maintained Utsav has the best Indian food in the state of Connecticut, and after trying a few different ones, I still maintain that. The best part? Utsav is right down the street from my house!

During my most recent visit, I ordered the Dum Aloo Kashmiri, which is potatoes stuffed with cheese and vegetables, cooked in tangy tomato gravy. My wife had the Bhindi Do Pyaza, which is fresh okra cooked with onions, ginger and tomatoes. As always, the food was delicious, and the portions are big enough to have leftovers for a second dinner!

The service is always great; the wait staff always checks to see if you have everything you need and constantly refills your water glasses.

I highly recommend this place to anyone who loves Indian food!

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We live nearby and have tried several Indian restaurants in the area. This is definitely the best one. The food never disappoints and the atmosphere is pleasant. We will definitely be back again.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

If I could, I would eat at Utsav twice a week- I absolutely love every aspect of this restaurant. The food is to die for. We've never had a thing we didn't enjoy. Some personal favorites are the Calamari Cochin appetizer; comes in a sweet sauce with sautéed, but crispy peppers and onions- no dipping sauce required. We absolutely LOVE the Thakkali Rasam soup, (definitely recommended if you're into spicy food)! The lamb and chicken dishes are just as wonderful, as are the vegetarian options. The week day brunch is very impressive with fresh salads, and roughly 10 hot dishes, (lamb, chicken and vegetarian options). The brunch also comes with a platter sizzling Tandori Chicken from right out of the kitchen, and warm naan. Utsav offers a "stamp” card for their brunch, so after your card is stamped 6 times, the 7th brunch is free. I've already had a couple free lunches. The Sunday brunch is kicked up another notch, which I didn't think was possible- an additional table of food, and on top of the naan and chicken, they also bring out Masala Dosa! The restaurant and bathrooms are spotless, and the ambiance is beautiful; from the bright colors, to the nice lighting, and the fresh linens. To top it off, the staff is courteous, quick and very professional. They wear collared shirts and ties, and they even come and scrape the crumbs off the table cloths once you're done eating. When I come for lunch, they know to make me a special hot sauce now, without me having to ask, and as regulars, they gave us a bottle of champagne at Christmas time. That reminds me of the freebees! We've had surprise apps and desserts brought over, (you don’t have to be a regular for this perk). There's nothing at all bad to say! Love, love, love!!! (All this talk has me formulating my dinner plans now) :)

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Where do I begin? We had their lunch buffet and every dish was the worst we have ever had! The biryani meat was questionable (even though we were told it was mutton) and the taste was anything but that of biryani. The curry dishes were all sub par at best lacking in neccessary seasonings. Even the few appetizers they featured were not worth eating in our opinion. The spices, the cooking method that ensure tasty result clearly lack knowledge. Sorry to say this food doesn't deserve to be offered to public at that price or any price for that matter! Save your money and go elsewhere.

1  Thank esbe f