“Fine dining & impeccable service in a surprising location”

UTSAV Indian Cuisine
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Vernon
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I have been patronizing Utsav in Vernon for approximately 3 years. This restaurant offers fine dining and delicious, fragrant, high-quality Indian food (the best I've had anywhere) in a surprising location. The restaurant is located in a strip plaza in Vernon on Route 83. The location is odd, but make the trip there because it is worth it. I have to say that I am most impressed (other than the food) by the service. The waiters are all men, dressed in shirts and ties, and all at your service constantly. Unlike the typical American restaurant these days where you practically have to go looking for your server to get anything, these men at Utsav are at your service, constantly monitoring to make sure your water glass is full and that you have everything you need. I am also very impressed with how clean this place is! You will not see crumbs or smears of food anywhere (like in other restaurants). The bathrooms are impeccably clean. The atmosphere is bright, colorful, clean, and intimate. I really admire this restaurant, I love the food, I think the prices are reasonable for the quality and quantity of food you receive (the lunch buffet is a great value, too). I have only had two problems, which were minor. Once, I found a small piece of plastic in my take-out order. Another time, there was an error on my bill, which I did not notice until after the fact. I returned to the restaurant and was given a refund immediately. So, no complaints here. I am a fan of Utsav for sure!

1  Thank Nido4

Reviewed April 13, 2012

There is no finer restaurant than Utsav in Vernon, CT. The quality of the food is superior, as well as the service. The owner takes great care in making sure his patrons are happy and satisfied. The waitstaff is well versed in all their dishes and can recommend the most mouth watering of entrees. The buffets are the best by far that we have ever had!! They bring hot Tandori chicken to your table, as well as fresh Naan bread - all the delicious food you can eat, desert too! The prices are right on target for the quality of the food!! This restaurant is consistently good!!

2  Thank Signet O
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I went to this place when it was the Taj Mahal and just yesterday I went to Utsav for the 2nd or 3rd time. My wife and I went to the buffett which was awesome for $13 per person. She is an avid Indian food eater we have been to about 7-10 different Indian places. She and I were a fan of Utsav they are very nice people and they have good food.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Not only is this place the best in CT it is also the best Indian place I have ever been to period.

Amazing food and service every time. Does not matter whether weekday or weekend the food is always the same.

Also a must go for all you vegetarians out there.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

This is Indian food at its finest and at a reasonable cost per person. The service is execellent and the food is equally as good and with reasonable quantity.
If you like Indian food it is a must vist to dine place.