“Disgusting Health Risk”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Vernon
Little Chute, Wisconsin
“Disgusting Health Risk”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was on a trip with my sisters and we just happened to stop into this hotel as it was near end of the day and we needed a break from driving. We were headed to Maine from Wisconsin. This was the second leg of our trip.

We got there, friendly front desk person who checked us in. We unloaded our car and made our way up to the second floor where our room was #222. The room itself was stale smelling which is sort of normal if it hadn't been used for awhile.

We went to use the bathroom and were totally disgusted by what we saw. I certainly wish we would have taken pictures, but really, who thinks to do things like that. The toilet was NOT clean at all. In fact, it looked like it had feces on the outside of it and some throw up as well. We immediately left the room and went to the front desk where the woman gave us another room. Before switching rooms, we decided to check it out. AGAIN it was disgusting. Same thing. What are the chances of that??

After nearly throwing up, ourselves, we went down to have her cancel our reservation and let us out of that health risk of what they call a Quality Hotel. The woman said she was not authorized to cancel reservations and that we would have to talk to the owner in the morning. Was she completely out of her mind?? NO, we asked her to contact the person who could cancel our reservation, and let us be on our way. We did not want to have to back track to talk to the manager in the morning.

After a lengthy wait for this woman to try to reach the manager, she decided to check out the rooms herself. Upon her return, she herself agreed that the rooms were disgusting. Then she proceeded to tell us the hotel business of how they hired new cleaning people on and they obviously were not doing their job.

An hour later, she finally cancelled our reservation herself (something she absolutely could not do) and allow us to leave.

We drove down the road to another hotel that was absolutely wonderful to stay at, very clean. We had the best nites sleep. I will review that hotel as well =)

I am VERY disappointed in the quality of this Quality Hotel. I sure hope to reach their corporate and have them investigate our experience!

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank KcWazzup

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

This place is a disaster. We checked in and they gave us a room that was already occupied which was a shock to my daughter and to the guest we walked in on. Luckily he was just shirtless. We went back and received another room. This time the room was empty but we had serious doubts it had been fully cleaned. The toilet was certainly wasn't clean. The towels were either stained or dirty. There was hair in the tub. I went to get clean towels but no one was at the front desk. The hotel also gives a false sense of security. Several outside doors that look like you need a card to access open without a card. When checking out no one was available. As I needed a receipt I had to wait about 15 minutes for someone to show up. In the end, I would have been better off sleeping in the car.

Room Tip: Select a different hotel!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 53Travel23

Travelers are raving about these Vernon hotels

Vernon, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

My company is Westower Communication, We are a International Wireless Communication company. We ahave been staying at this hotel for over a year and have had nothing but great things to say about the rooms and the staff. We leave equipment and computers in the rooms that total upwards off 75,000.00 and have never had our security compromised. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for clean and quiet accommendations. Westower and all it's employees will continue to stay here. Thank you Quality inn Owners / Staff Members for your Service and support.

Room Tip: Rooms have great hot water and great beds
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Quality_Inn_Vernon, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hartford - Vernon, responded to this review, May 27, 2014

Hafiza Naheed
General Manager...
Southampton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel compromises your security by leaving your room door ajar.
Our laptop was stolen because of there gross negligence

We have taking multiple pictures of other doors where the staff flips the lock bar from inside your door so the door won't close, as a result our laptop was stolen when we returned to our room to find the door ajar.

We called the police and made a report, we asked the mgr to review the security cameras in the hallway,and she replied that they don't activate the cameras because of privacy,and I quote because people bring there boyfriends and girlfriends to the hotel,"Really"

The mgr became belligerent and said we have no witnesses, if the cameras where activated we would of had all the proof we need,how convenient.

Hope you meet some nice strangers lurking the hallways.

the mgr also said not to call anymore,because she asked the staff if they took our laptop and they said no.

We are sending multiple pictures of rooms that where ajar including one to there office door along with a letter of our experience to there corp office hopefully they will get it right.It
the laptop set us back $750.00

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank b_clearfield
Durham, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had stayed here last year and while the lobby leaves much to be desired, the room was decent. I made a reservation this year again which I subsequently needed to cancel. After being on hold on and off for well over 15 minutes, they could not pull up my reservation. The gentleman on the phone basically told me I was crazy and had never made a reservation. Put me on hold yet again, gets back on the phone and low and behold he miraculously has found it. Told me he canceled it and hung up. The trip was supposed to have been this past weekend. What shows up, but a $90.00 charge for a no show reservation. I called the hotel this morning and again they couldn't find a reservation. They told me the GM would need to call me back. After waiting about an hour I called Choice Hotels Customer service who could find the reservation and was told only the hotel could refund the charge, but they opened a case and called. They too couldn't get the GM or anyone else who could be useful on the phone. It's now 3:50pm and no call from the hotel to either myself or Choice Hotels. Long story short, don't stay here as obviously the ownership and staff are not competent and are not customer service oriented.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank TLH61293
Englewood, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Jan 04/13
As in previous review the lobby was inviting and the staff was pleasant - checked the room as always before I book in and it appeared to be clean. After checking in and having time to have a better look the bathroom floor had hair on it. Hubby had turned in before me and when I turned my side of the bed down - more hair. Called the desk to let them know that the cleaning staff was not doing a good job. They offered to bring clean sheets. The breakfast was very limited, the coffee tasted like it had been made the night before and the cereal stale. I will not return to this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JACKIE34223
Locust Grove, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

The lobby was very clean and inviting. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and nice with plenty of room. There was a little mold in the shower but the rest of the bathroom was clean. The Internet connection was very slow and the breakfast was very limited. There were several restaurants in the area and thr place is right off the interstate. All-in-all it was worth the $60 we paid for the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Randyclements
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vernon
Baymont Inn & Suites Manchester - Hartford CT
Americas Best Value Inn - Manchester
Extended Stay America - Hartford - Manchester
Residence Inn Hartford Manchester
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford-Manchester
Courtyard Hartford Manchester

Been to Red Roof Inn Hartford - Vernon? Share your experiences!