“Get there early”

Jasper White's Summer Shack
Ranked #16 of 51 Restaurants in Uncasville
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Old Saybrook, CT
“Get there early”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We often stop at Summer Shack when we're at the Mohegan Sun for a concert. Usually there's a 45-50 min wait if you arrive at 6 pm. Tonight we got here at 5:20 and were immediately seated. But 10 min later the waiting line was out the door.

Offering mostly fresh fish that is simply prepared and cooked perfectly. I had an order of steamers and grilled Atlantic halibut. My wife had a salad and the grilled wild King salmon. Both were excellent choices. My wife also had glass of wine. Total bill with tip was $100. That's reasonable in these parts.

pt st lucie, florida
“Great food”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We enjoyed the casino and the ease of walking to great food places like this. Steamed clams and fried shrimp were excellent, service was excellent and we would gladly eat here again.

Visited May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“MORE LIKE SUMMER "HACKS"”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Wow...what a disappointment. I'd expect better from a restaurant located in a casino. I mean you have plenty of restuarant choices, so its should be exceptional. WE were dreadfully disappointed. I got the Lobster Roll and my boyfriend got the Baked Stuffed Shrimp. Flavorless food all around. He felt like his shrimp had a hint of "soapy" flavor to them. Maybe the dish that it was cooked in?? We didn't get any alcoholic beverages and maybe we should have to maybe not notice the terrible quality of food. Portions are good, but we would never eat here again. I eat ALOT of seafood and honestly, this is the worse I have ever had in the New England Area. Restaurant has a very casual atmosphere. So casual that I thought our waiter, who was attentive, but his attitude reminded me of a teenager who had just woken up! Almost too casual...if that makes sense?? I see that alot of the other reviews had nothing but praise and thought "What happened to our meal?" But...it is what it is. Did we complain? Thought about it but honestly....sometimes getting your money back just doesn't take the sour taste out of your mouth about the experience. Prices were on the average side slightly on the high side. Lobsters "daily market prices" were outrageous, but I expect that for the location. Sad we were disappointed....wanted it to be wonderful.

3 Thank CMC_2012
New York
“Great Selection”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Oysters were all good and an enormous selection. I had the king crab legs which were huge and delicious! I love the casual, tropical ambiance and the TVs though some people may monopolize the channels. This is basically my favorite place here for dinner and i usually like to go to their buffet for lunch which is equally good. However, king crab legs and fresh oysters are not without a price which is quite hefty.

• Visited May 2013
Clifton, New Jersey
“Great oysters, clams and more.....”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We always go here whenever we visit the casinos. They newly renovated the dining area. But we always sit at the bar. It's a really nice bar with ample seating. My wife always gets the lobster roll with french fries and I get 1/2 dozen of the cherrystone clams, one dozen bluepoint oysters and 1/2 dozen Chatham oysters. The fish is always fresh and the raw fish are very juicy... We look forward to coming here 2 or 3 times over the summer. If your at Mohegan Sun stop by for a couple of pints of Dos Equis beer and down a couple dozen clams and oysters.. You'll be glad you did.. Eduardo..