“Fantastic”

Todd English's Tuscany
Ranked #10 of 53 Restaurants in Uncasville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed over night in the casino for an anniversary party and we had dinner and breakfast and both were great... Service was right on target but it was fairly expensive but a good price for what I got. Some people say the portions were small and pasta was over cooked but it was the exact opposite. This is a must try but have a reservation ready.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I have been wanting to go there and eat and finally did and I was so disapointed by the food.I ordered the pasta and meatballs and the meatballs were so small and tasted very bland.My girlfriend ordered the pasta ribbons but were over cooked and sticky to the texture.The atmosphere was great and the waitress was wonderful but the food wasn't up to standards like I thought it would have been.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Lovely place! subtle lighting, nicely set tables, attentive wait staff, very helpful in accommodating preferences. I have to say that we were disappointed with our dinners. My pasta ribbons were overcooked, though the rustic red sauce was very good, unfortunately paired with soggy noodles. The bread was good, served with a pureed white bean-black olive spread. Our pasta dinners were marginal, I was hoping, expecting higher quality.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Breakfast prices are not cheap but the quality and quantity of he food is very good. Dinner however is a different story. Dinner portions are small and way over priced.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Tuscany is located in the Mohegan Sun Casino, but you don't have to gamble to
enjoy this wonderful restaurant!! I have been going to this restaurant for many years; in fact, when I do go to Mohegan Sun for a little slot play, this is the only restaurant where my daughter and I dine. I can not have gluten, but my daughter can, so I can judge both gluten-free and the regular menu. The fish entries are cooked to perfection - I ate at Tuscany's last week and I had the salmon, topped with shrimp. My daughter had the sea bass, which was excellent. Reservations are really necessary, especially when there is a concert. Wine selection is good, and you can order a decent bottle of red or white wine for approximately $24-$30.
Wait staff is very attentive. Bread (sigh-cannot eat) is really good and the restaurant serves a plate of hummus with the bread. I did sneak a tiny piece of the bread when my daughter wasn't looking! I probably have tried most of the dinner entries from steak to fish and have never been disappointed. The polenta is very creamy and is a great substitution for spaghetti. Bon Appetite !!