“Good food”

Todd English's Tuscany
Ranked #9 of 51 Restaurants in Uncasville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We love this place and the food is very very good. My only issue is some of the host staff discriminate. We have tried to have dinner a couple times now on a weekend, the place has been dead with only a couple tables filled on the patios and were turned away due to being "full". I assume it was our casual attire (not trashy, just jeans and t shirt). I spend too much of my time dressed up, i refuse to do it just to have a meal. There are many other dining options with food just as good where I won't have a view, but I will get great food for the same price or cheaper. We just go for lunch now and never have an issue

There are newer reviews for Todd English's Tuscany

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stopped in the first night of our company convention around 9pm absolutely starving. Been there before and nothing's really changed, you still feel like you're dining in a cave which was novel at first but now is just kind of tired.
We ordered flatbreads, the white clam and the meatball. Terrible, I had the meatball and it was dry and bland, ate 3 small pieces and my appetite was totally killed. My wife had the white clam and only ate one piece commenting that it was not good.
We didn't bother ordering anything else and got the check.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I heard wonderful things about Tuscany and wanted to have a memorable meal at Mohegan Sun. We got one, just not how we wanted it.
The alarms should have gone off when the host was rude and distracted taking our reservation, but we attributed this to a busy Saturday night. When we were sat at our table we noticed an overpowering odor of cleaning solution. (Smelled like Comet, actually). Our wine was great (best part of the meal), and we ordered the calamari which was run-of-the-mill, not great. My wife ordered the Veal Ravioli and thought it tasted pre-made, while I had Veal Milanese which was served over pasta. The pasta was ok, but the veal was dry and bland. Not what you would expect for $36 for an entree. We finished, were rushed out, and looked at each other and thought "What a terrible meal!"

Reviewed April 19, 2013

When you walk through Mohegan Sun Casino where this restaurant is located and you approach Tuscany - the view is pretty. The restaurant has seating overlooking the casino surrounded by rocks and waterfalls. We chose to sit inside although the ambiance was nothing to write home about but outside it is so loud from the water - you couldn't really have a nice conversation. Inside the tables are extremely close to each other - so there isn't any privacy. Now to the food. We ordered the Calamari as an appetizer - I believe it was $15 - this was a HUGE portion. We barely made a dent and took the rest home. It was average, nothing special just a lot of it. I must state that when it reheated the next day it was loaded with greasse. Now on to the entrees. I ordered the scallops. It was $34 and I received 5 of them spaced out on plate. There were small scallops not large sea scallops. They had a little spinach laying of the top of them. They were again ok. Nothing special - not for the price. My husband got a seafoord dish. I think it was Mahi Mahi on top of some orzo. He also said it was ok. We have had much better and for less. For dessert we ordered the Banana and chocolate ravioli. There were 5 small pieces, the banana once were tasty, the chocolate ones had an artificial flavor. I will not be returning to this place. I feel the prices are too high for the quality of this food.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have breakfast at Todd English's Tuscany restaurant. I chose the Tuscan Benedict (I think that is what it was called)... it's his twist on Eggs Benedict. This came with the traditional English muffins and poached eggs, but it also has a Lobster Hollandaise sauce which was awesome and some crispy prosciutto on top. Price was reasonable for such upscale taste. It was cooked perfectly and hit the spot.