“Dissapointing”

Todd English's Tuscany
Ranked #11 of 51 Restaurants in Uncasville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leesburg, Virginia
“Dissapointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

When you walk through Mohegan Sun Casino where this restaurant is located and you approach Tuscany - the view is pretty. The restaurant has seating overlooking the casino surrounded by rocks and waterfalls. We chose to sit inside although the ambiance was nothing to write home about but outside it is so loud from the water - you couldn't really have a nice conversation. Inside the tables are extremely close to each other - so there isn't any privacy. Now to the food. We ordered the Calamari as an appetizer - I believe it was $15 - this was a HUGE portion. We barely made a dent and took the rest home. It was average, nothing special just a lot of it. I must state that when it reheated the next day it was loaded with greasse. Now on to the entrees. I ordered the scallops. It was $34 and I received 5 of them spaced out on plate. There were small scallops not large sea scallops. They had a little spinach laying of the top of them. They were again ok. Nothing special - not for the price. My husband got a seafoord dish. I think it was Mahi Mahi on top of some orzo. He also said it was ok. We have had much better and for less. For dessert we ordered the Banana and chocolate ravioli. There were 5 small pieces, the banana once were tasty, the chocolate ones had an artificial flavor. I will not be returning to this place. I feel the prices are too high for the quality of this food.

• Visited April 2013

Amherst
“A special place for a nice meal...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I have breakfast at Todd English's Tuscany restaurant. I chose the Tuscan Benedict (I think that is what it was called)... it's his twist on Eggs Benedict. This came with the traditional English muffins and poached eggs, but it also has a Lobster Hollandaise sauce which was awesome and some crispy prosciutto on top. Price was reasonable for such upscale taste. It was cooked perfectly and hit the spot.

• Visited April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“What a treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We ate breakfast/brunch in Tuscany. The waterfall outside on the terrace is a bit loud so we ate inside. The food was mouthwateringly delicious. There were traditional menu items as well as some Italian twists on the menu. I had chestnut and pine nuts (pignoili) pancakes. SO, so good. I will definately eat here again next time I visit.

Visited February 2013
“Delicious dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Dinner at Todd English's Tuscany was so delicious. The server was very polite and knowledgable about all the menu items. The garlic bread with mozzarella was so tasty. We then dined on Porterhouse steak and chicken Parmesan. The food was delicious and plentiful! The only downfall was we didn't have room for dessert! I would definately return.

Visited March 2013
Tuxedo Park, New York
“skip it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've eaten at English's retaurant's in NYC (Ca Va, Olives) and they are great. This is far from great. It's like chain food from Applebee's or something - way NOT upscale. Ordered spaghetti & meatballs and the meeatballs were frozen. I mean - truly ice cold. English should be ashamed of himself. There are so many fantastic places to choose from at Mohegan Sun - skip it.

• Visited February 2013