“Great Steaks!”

Michael Jordan's Steakhouse - Mohegan Sun
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael Jordan's Steakhouse - Mohegan Sun is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 52 Restaurants in Uncasville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Michael Jordan's Steak House specializes in Prime aged steaks. The Steak House is known for its classic contemporary steakhouse cuisine, award winning wine selection, personalized service, and architectural excellence. "World class steaks in a world class setting."
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We went to MJ Steakhouse before a performance at the Mohegan Sun. It was our first time to any MJ Steakhouse. We went rather early and the place wasn't very crowded. In about an hour the place was packed. So it would make sense to make early reservations to avoid waiting.

The steaks were DELICIOUS. I had the fillet mignon. The others had the rib-eye. All were perfect - great quality meat cooked to perfection. The appetizers, salad and sides were also very good. For dessert, we got one 23 layer chocolate cake for the three of us. We couldn't finish it. It would be smart to order a lighter dessert after such a meal - oh, and we counted, it really was 23 layers!!!

The staff were nice and cordial.

The bathroom is next door in the sports bar which is a bit of a hassle to get to when it gets crowded, but it wasn't a big deal.

Overall, we loved this place. Would go again if we ever go to the Mohegan Sun.

1  Thank Maryam G

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This used to be a family favorite restaurant (we are all grown and often visit the casino on family holidays) yet the last few visits have changed that. I only went once recently but after our meal we all decided the value just isn't there any more. It's a very pricey restaurant which is fine, but in the past the service and food matched up to the money spent so it wad worth it. The last time was a massive disappointment. Snotty service, alright food (not the primo we were used to) and no consideration toward courses. Although I ordered bread, apps, salad and scallops for my entree I was given everything rushed and together. Due to that I couldn't finish all the courses. Had we been given proper time and service we would have doubled our bill, instead we left feeling as though it were fast food.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Our most recent visit to MJ's got off to a bad start. I was wearing a ball cap when I entered the restaurant foyer and the hostess told me that I had to remove my cap before entering the dining room. I thought that was a bit rude since I would have removed it anyway. Considering that even though MJ's considers themselves "fine dining" (more pretense than fact), it's a casino restaurant. Patrons in the restaurant were dressed anywhere from jeans and tee shirts to one lady in a fur coat.

Both our appetizers (lobster bisque and ahi tartare) were perfectly prepared as were our entrees. We had surf and turf and a bone in rib eye and the steaks were served exactly as we ordered. My problem is with the little things. Entree's are served ala carte and one would think that a $50+ steak might include a green bean or a bit of spinach. It doesn't. Any starch or veggie has to be ordered as a side dish. For $8 we got a couple of handfuls of "hand cut" fries that were so overdone that they were mostly inedible. The waitress asked if we wanted ketchup for the fries and brought us a micro bottle (1 oz maybe?) of ketchup. The seal was broken so I suspect it was probably filled from a gallon bucket in the kitchen.

If the steaks and appetizers weren't so well prepared I would have rated the restaurant even lower. For $250 (including tip and 2 glasses of wine - no desert) it certainly wasn't a bargain.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I dined here to celebrate our one-year wedding anniversary. I wanted something a little on the finer side. We had reservations for 7, but we were both starting to get hungry early (about 6:15). We wanted to check in, but they were full at the time so we went back around 6:45. There were still people ahead of us, so I got us a couple of drinks and we were sat around 7:10 ish. We were greeted immediately by a server, and were given a choice of water (bottled or tap). Our server was there within in a minute or two and went over drinks and such. He described the night's special (I can't remember the name.. but it's a filet). We were given some bread as well. The steak was PHENOMENAL! Best meal I've ever had in my life. It literally melted in your mouth. There was also something on the side, almost like a hush puppy, but I'm not so sure. I wish I got more than two. They were delicious. The meal filled me right up, and had no room for desert. Our waiter, Bryan, was very attentive, and took care of every need. My husband and I goofed around a lot, and he was very receptive to our smiles and laughs. The ambience was very nice, and it wasn't so loud that we couldn't hear each other talk. I would definitely go back again for a special occasion!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

A lot of plusses here -- nice ambiance, excellent service, decent drinks. Lovely appetizers and side dishes. But I've had better steak at the Outback. (and trust me, I frequent lots of high-end steakhouses so it's not like Outback is my go-to!) It's one of those things -- you are most likely eating at Mohegan because you don't want to leave the scene. Maybe it was an off-night, I'm not sure as it was my first visit.